Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Kilkenny be looking for tj and Cody to maybe exploit an unfamiliar lk full back line. Billy Ryan needs a good game.

1 Like

Was thinking thatā€™s their only hope as if it turns into a middle third battle they will get pummelled.
TJ seems to spend a lot of time out rummaging for ball which will suit Sean Finn just fine.

Billy Ryan has been threatening a ā€œbig gameā€ for about 5 years at this stage. Similar player if not as graceful as Jason Flynn in that he flatters to deceive.

ScĆ³r?

Finn wont play full back

1 Like

Yes. We missed your lot.

Shrewd observers of the game like myself and @Bandage are on record for a couple of years now saying that Kilkenny are absolutely useless and its a shocking indictment on Hurling nationally that they are going for about 5 in a row in Leinster and contesting All Ireland Finals every year.

They canā€™t even be trusted to beat Wexford these days who themselves are only Joe McDonagh standard. Galway are worse now than what they were under Shane Oā€™Neill and shur you can forget about Dublin.

Munster isnā€™t any better with Waterford effectively giving up, Tipp falling off a cliff and Cork being better in 2017 than they are now. Clare are a grand team until it becomes knockout.

1 Like

Didnā€™t even know it was on!

Who won?

Who wins everything these days?

Didnā€™t realise there were three Blanchfields from Bennetsbridge on the panel. What are the other two like?

Did Monaleen give up?

Tall, pale and dark hair.

Youā€™re probably right. Nash will play the other corner anyway.

The grim reaper.

Liam was sprung from nowhere in the 2016 AI semi replay I think. Dropped off the panel for a few years but had a good club championship last year and was recalled.

Kevin called up for the first time this year. Iā€™d say 27/28. One of the new breed of IC debutants closer to 30 than 20.

Jason Flynn at least has the best point in an AI final to go back on. 2015 I think.

Billy is a bit of a pound shop bully vs the weaker leinster teams scoring well. Never does it vs the better teams. He does put in a big shift off the ball though

They had a good 4 decades tbf

1 Like

Iā€™m a little bit surprised by that team. I thought theyā€™d want to give close to the starting 15 a run out.

Despite his pace, he regularly gets cleaned closer to goal. Itā€™s probably a working half-forward role or nowhere at this stage.

David 23, Kevin 25, Liam 27.

They didnā€™t stand out for me last year.

Billy had a fantastic game in the 2021 all Ireland semi against cork. Think he scored 5 from play marking rob downey who was obviously very callow then and no relation to the player he is now.