Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Have you ever tried stand under the scoreboard at a Limerick Munster championship match?

Yeah, theyā€™re fantastic too.

Salt of the earth.

1 Like

Vital to respect your opponents in my book. Clare are going to tear into Limerick on Sunday.

A lot of the Limerick fans that Iā€™ve encountered havenā€™t a clue about hurling - their lack of knowledge of the club scene in Limerick is embarrassing.

Now thats just my experience - there are plenty of Limerick people that are die hard hurling supporters also - they just seem to have a large bandwagon element - I suppose that comes with success.

2 Likes

:joy: This is unbelievable internetting.

Limerick have a core fan base of 8-10k Iā€™d say. When you start winning all Irelands youā€™ll always attract hangers on. Itā€™s the nature of the game.

@BruidheanChaorthainn has so many lads lives destroyed.
Heā€™s leading alot of lads around the forum by the nose, an outstanding internetter.

1 Like

I woke up this morning and said how is it only Thursday.

First hurling game Iā€™ve been really nervous about in a while.

It will be as good as any individual win under kiely to go to Ennis on Sunday and come back with the win.

Those 5 All Irelands in 6 years wonā€™t mean a damn if Limerick lose on Sunday.

1 Like

Well I donā€™t think that but itā€™ll still be an unreal win to get. I think we are seriously up against it but hopefully Iā€™m wrong.

Its an absolutely damning indictment on this current crop from Limerick that theyā€™ve never gone to Ennis or Thurles and found a way to beat Tipp or Clare.

1 Like

Ya thatā€™s what theyā€™ll be remembered for alright, that and them being fundamentally useless

3 Likes

Theyā€™ve only played tipp in Thurles in championship twice I think under kiely ?

One draw and one loss in a game Limerick rested three of their best players.

1 Like

And Thurles must be one of the worst pitches in the country in recent years .

Or indeed Wexford in Wexford.

Failing to beat the worst Tipp team of all time last year was a big black mark.

Four (4) games v Clare in Ennis/Tipp in Thurles and zero (0) wins is a very poor return for one of the so called great sides.

Could you tell me how many of them 4 games were knockout?

Itā€™s kinda funny listening to @peddlerscross going on about meaningless games against also ran teams. Itā€™s like saying Mike Tyson never beat Ricky Hatton.

1 Like