Limerick GAA 2024

Iā€™ve never been there. Have they 3 pitches?

What are they doing with the old pitch?
At a game there in early October under lights, the grass was long and pitch looked unused

I was at the opening of the old pitch in 79/80. We played Galway.

1 Like

They do now. The pitch in the foreground of the picture is only a training pitch afaik, but must be fair handy, even for that. That was all scrub even 2 years ago I think.

The pitch with that new stand (and the new ballwall on the left side of the picture) gets a lot of matches now because of the floodlights. I think thatā€™d be their main pitch now.

The pitch closest to the dressing room already has a stand but I donā€™t know does it get much use anymore; weā€™ve had challenge matches & 21s matches there during the day and they were all played on the floodlit pitch aswell. If there was one criticism, Iā€™ve never found the surface great out there.

1 Like

Knocklong is a fine, central and accessible venue with floodlights and fair play to Garryspillane for doing the work.

It remains, however, an awful playing surface that youā€™d be as likely to break your ankle on.

I see the :wolf: was playing for Kerry at the weekend too.

Postponement has worked in favour of some of the Fitzgibbon fellas.

Aidan O Connor at 11 is an interesting one.

1 Like

Match moved to 1pm to avoid the weather.

I like Coughlan midfield, too slow for wing I think and itā€™s one of the places we donā€™t have huge back up for

1 Like

Coughlin is being given every chance.
I think Oā€™Connor is class. Could make the break through

1 Like

Another cancellation.

Ffs might as well double up with the championship game at this rate. When will it be played considering they are playing tipp next week

May as well let Cork play Waterford in the final next weekend at this stage.

Unless they play 2 different 15s, how many is in the training panel at the moment around 40?

Over 40 at the moment but Iā€™d say they would rather just move on now.

It wonā€™t be played at all now. The Dillon Quirke game and the start of the league will do for it.

Not sure why they didnā€™t try and play it yesterday.

1 Like

Thought that myself. Back up to WOD. Well able to take a score too. I still think heā€™d be fine wing back.

Great idea to showcase the All Ireland champions in some of the developing counties during the league.

4 Likes