Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

He got ahead of the sliothar slightly alright.
He was only just on but could have kicked that in.

Limerick will play Kerry in the EirGrid GAA Football Under 20 Munster Championship Quarter-Final on Friday June 15th at 7:30pm in Newcastlewest (note change of venue).

the sliotar didnā€™t run as much as he expected and he got his legs way too far forward of the ball to make contact. between nash and whoever was running back (think he may have been hooked as well) they did enough to make an easy chance awkward.

I thought the old Cork lad longside me was going to have a banger after it. He caught hold of my shoulders and screamed like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert. He was a grand auld fella besides wanting to box the chops of Anthony Nash. We had a good handshake after and both agreed a draw was fair.

the best of the GAA

I met a grand Cork chap walking out of the ground.
He regaled me with tales of visiting Limerick for matches in the 60s.
He truly hoped that Limerick would win one soon. And said he was amazed that we kept coming back in such
numbers having not won one in so long.
A look of dismay in his eyes like he was looking at someone who was stone mad.
but then again, heā€™s probably right.

Heard a good few players complain about the piss poor surface post game. The ball was probbaly in a divet. They are most interested in hosting concerts there.

I was going to bring that up.
lots of players lost their footing. i think one led to the goal?

Itā€™s a shocking surface for all the money theyā€™ve spent there.

The surface is the same for both teams. 2 of our lads (Finn and lynch) struggled big time with it. This is a pet hate of mine. Bring two pairs of boots with you. Moulded and 6 studs. Get the footwear right in the warm ups. Poor preparation.

Yep agreed but it is still a piss poor surface for all the money thatā€™s been spent on it.

Lovely to see some of our lads relaxing in Ballybunion yesterday, a few young lads got a puck around with them aswell, which was great to see. Theyā€™ll be well rested and rejuvenated by Sunday.

Hannonā€™s situation is a worry. Really feel for him.

Some players who arenā€™t playing are not happy. Which is perfectly fine and normal and healthy in a panel. If they were happy to be sitting on the bench weā€™d be fucked.

3 Likes

couldnā€™t give a flying fuck what they do with their money down there.
Sure the whole of Cork is inside in a flood plain.

thank the lord above Hickey didnā€™t play on that surface. Heā€™d have been like an ice skater without skates

Yes this is very different from not buying into the game plan.

The main thing is weā€™ve come away with no injuries due to the pitch.

I merely passed on what I heard.

here. I wouldnā€™t go criticizing about pitches either by the way. The Gaelic Grounds is a dump.

The goalmouths have been an absolute disgrace for as long as I can remember.

Didnā€™t see the ball getting stuck in any divets on Sunday. Or players slipping.

doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a good surface.

The only real hurling pitch in the country is Thurles. Beautiful sod.

Although given the number of divers in the cork team such as pat Horgan it can be difficult to know if a lad genuinely slip or just take a tumble to the ground.

To be fair, the surface on the Gaelic Grounds was really nice against Tipp apart from one corner.

they put in savage work since the club games a few weeks before Iā€™d say. The place was in absolute shit for those. There was grass halfway up the goalpost inside in the nets and the patch around the goals was bare to the bones