Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Ah no nothing to do with that, just thought it was over. It was a bit of a blow at the time, might have settled us early on but we were a mile of the pace so likely would have made no difference. He was a shit ref for both sides.

Agree completely. Despite playing badly, and despite a few patently wrong decisions, we were still well in it at half time. We loat this because of how we set up second half, and the subs choices we made.

we actually were on top for a while after Condon was put off and I was quite happy with how we were set up. Dan Morrissey went back into full back and seemed to be breaking even off Conlon. Hegarty came back to wing back and looked alright there.

bringing on Richie for Mul was fucking atrocious.

Leave it go, bud.

Letā€™s move on to the next challenge.

Do we try out and start panel members and subs against the McDonagh team? Or go with your strongest with potentially KK 7 days later?

he needs to pick a team with Kilkenny in mind and use it as a training session for whatever plan he has in place for Kilkenny.

Iā€™d use it to give Peter Casey game time, thereā€™s no point giving panel members token games as he doesnā€™t seem to want to use them.

David Reidy is a waste of a subs jersey. Iā€™d say he hasnā€™t even been told to warm up

There a huge load of question marks all over the field all of a sudden. Iā€™d say at least half the positions in the team have major question marks over them.

Some major stick or twist calls to be made. I expect Kiely is going to have to double down. Like for like replacements if anything, we donā€™t have time for much rebuilding.

In fairness, kk are the team we prob suit best.

Which would you rather? No Munster final and end up in an All Ireland final?
The place nearly shut down a few years back when Limerick won the Munster final, and then Cork end up in the AIā€¦

Would you learn much from playing a McDonagh Cup team? Say Reidy was brought in and scored 5 points, would it mean anything? Hopefully weā€™ll use the next few weeks to get a couple of tough challenge games against Wexford or someone and give a few more lads a chance to step up. Donā€™t think major surgery is required just some tinkering. All the lads that played poorly yesterday have been phenomenal all year so I wouldnā€™t be throwing the baby out with the bath water. Mulcahy probably gets dropped for Casey if heā€™s fit and youā€™ve to decide between Gillane and Dowling other than that I canā€™t see any huge changes at this stage

the way we played yesterday Iā€™d worry about Westmeath/Carlow first

1 Like

He acts the idiot doing it. Watch the difference with Duggan hitting drilled balls against the wind.

I would agree with you there. Morrissey had a wide given as a score I think.

I donā€™t think so mate, just a bad day at the office. We werenā€™t as good as we thought before the game and we arenā€™t as bad as we think now either. Nothing between any of the last 6 left bar Galway who seem to be a level ahead, although KK probably fancy their chances.

You may be forgetting the free against Lynch also.

Yeah, thatā€™s the thing ā€¦ you wont learn much so your damned if you start panel members and damned if you get an injury or two with starting 15ā€¦ Casey will have to start and possibly a change in HF lineā€¦ Maybe give Hickey a run also.

The bones of that 15 have been on the go constantly since the the Galway game. Itā€™s a fine balance between having a settled team and keeping things fresh, but I reckon we came out on the wrong side of that yesterday. A worry that the subs bench has been regressing. Would be keen to see Casey, Malachy & Downes come into a matchday panel at least. And Pat Ryan restored.

1 Like

No. Mentioned already. But Clare had a few against them too.

We should have freshened it up yesterdayā€¦ Relying on too much GPS stats :wink:

On balance the guys that started and have been starting probably have to be backed to go again. But there are definitely massive questions over at least half the team.

Ah here, calm down. They have been doing well up until now, had only lost once (and not in 70 mins, as Kiely was keen to remind us). You canā€™t go ripping up a team based on one bad result.

1 Like