Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Any updates on Finns injury?

At least youā€™ve been fairly balanced pal, but I suppose being born with one leg in Clare and one in Limerick helped.

You have to allow lads blow off a bit of steam in the run up to a game, mate. Itā€™s not in the spirit of TFK to throw it back in their face if it goes wrong.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

This is the one Iā€™m waiting on. Gone from the Munster championship, only the All Ireland can save their blushes.Its a big ask seeing as theyā€™re stone fucking useless.

1 Like

The Sow

2 Likes

Still seething :grinning:

Itā€™s going to be tough for the 21s on Thursday. Flanagan and hayes looked tired and the last thing they need is championship hurling on Thursday. Itā€™ll be great to see peter Casey back though. Any other injury updates? Is Willie o meara gone to the states?

He fucking better not be :rofl:

He was around the weekend anyway

He was with the other panel members yesterday anyway.

Maybe I mixed him up with his brother of similar age so!

Ya one of the middle fellas is gone over.

Kiely should move to bring in Conor boylan and Robbie Henley asap too to freshen up the panel.

1 Like

Finnā€™s injury was a huge blow. I do really rate our full-back line but there is a drop-off in quality after that. I actually thought Condon started well; I havenā€™t seen the red card incident but by all accounts it was more than deserved which is absolutely idiotic. Hard to see him being involved again.

Still donā€™t understand why Murphy wasnā€™t brought on.

But yeah, I am obviously disappointed but it isnā€™t the end of the world. Itā€™s easily our worst performance of the year, they will learn from it.

ā€¢ Iā€™m not a fan of Dowling. I donā€™t think he impressed yesterday. We are carrying him for frees and he balloons them into the air to look the big man. That opening free he missed yesterday canā€™t be overstated as it told Clare we were rattled and handed them the impetus from which they never looked back. Unforgivable. Hook him from the starting 15. I donā€™t think he fits our game plan anyway. The full forward line the next day should be Casey, Flanagan, Gillane.
ā€¢ David Dempsey has come on as a sub every match and has not looked like he will take the game by the scruff of the neck and win it for you. Heā€™s a bit too breezy and not enough of the dog in him. I think someone else should be on the bench the next day. Equally Barry Nash hasnā€™t won a ball in the few games heā€™s been brought on in during championship. I would not be in a rush to bring him on. I would rather bring on Dowling (who I relegated to the bench in my first post). Back to Barry Murphy and Mulcahy as two other sub options.
ā€¢ Malachy should be on the bench as he offers an option as a replacement half back or half forward. Heā€™d arguably be better in the full forward line than some of the lads brought on in last few games (Nash). He has the dog in him.
ā€¢ Tom Condon will never play for Limerick again. That was a failure in management bringing him on yesterday but at least it wonā€™t happen in an important match in croke park now.
ā€¢ I would dearly love to meet Wexford in a semi final and hammer the fuck out of them like a few years ago when we bate them back into the Stone age.
ā€¢ Itā€™s looking like Kilkenny (hopefully) in the QFs and I think we will beat them. As long as we avoid Galway all the way to the final we have a great chance. Someone else might take care of them too.
ā€¢ We will beat Clare if we meet them again this year in a proper stadium.
ā€¢We are still hurling into July while Tipp are crying into their mugs of milk at home and eyeing up their sisters.

11 Likes

he wonā€™t use some of the lads he has already on the 36 or whatever it is. Not a fucking hope heā€™ll draft in lads from outside it.

Lads like La Touche, Lorcan Lyons, Oisin Oā€™Reilly and Willie Oā€™Meara are probably subs for the training matches.

We canā€™t meet Wexford unless both teams get to the final.
If (and like I said yesterday itā€™s a huge if) we beat Kilkenny the only way we can avoid Galway in a semi is if the Munster runners up beat Wexford

Are you not already on the opposite side to Galway?

Limerick - - Munster Winners - AI Final
Kilkenny

Wexford -
Munster Losers - Galway - AI Final

Lads talking about beating Kilkenny ,Wexford and Galway.
You couldnā€™t make it up

1 Like