Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Queueing for a taxi is classic roaster behaviour in this day and age!!

Hope the night went well mate

2 Likes

Amazing night in the city west.

Being honest chatting away to some of the ‘73 team like Ned Rea and Eamonn Grimes gave me as much joy as congratulating the current players.

Just pure, raw unbridled joy from everyone. If we were like Kilkenny winning all the time it’d finish me off with excessive celebrations.

4 Likes

They just don’t bother with celebrations I reckon mate. I’ve seen them at the end of all Irelands they’ve won. More like relief that they haven’t lost than joy that they won.

Enjoy every minute of it

1 Like

I recall @Sidney coming on here after the Dubs winning in 2011 saying that he was a bit sad that the chase was now over as it was the best part. Any of that going on with the Limerick lads?

2 Likes

Psychologically, losing is twice as strong an emotion as winning.

A lot of Limerick lads who still feel the blues this winter will have to look deep within their souls for the cause now that hurling can no longer be pointed to as the cause.

1 Like

I always said if we won it once in my lifetime I’d go to the grave smiling.

Going to be hard to readjust to the fact we have actually scaled Everest now.

2 Likes

Most deaths happen on the descent pal. Take care.

6 Likes

Minor high and minor low is about where I’m at. I’m delighted to be a galway fan. They’ve been fantastic.

1 Like

Breakfast of Champions.

9 Likes

Congrats bud good feeling

This homecoming is a bit of a joke, did the crowd in the GG yesterday get notice and block book the tickets after the game, there won’t be many there who were in Croker yesterday, sold out at teatime yesterday, got a notice at 9-15 that I was off the waiting list, by the time I checked it 15 minutes later they were gone again

Could they not do it in o Connell street? There’ll be 60 or 70k surely.

Did you tell them you gave the semi final a skip.

6 Likes

Can’t remember pal, I was too busy engaging in shouldering contests with all and sundry.

Speaking of Ned Rea and Limerick in All Ireland semi finals, trivia question springs to mind. Anyone know who marked Ned Rea in the 1973 semi final?

Was it Nicky Orr?

Semi final not the final.

Sorry. His brother marked him in the semi

2 Likes

That was in the final. It was the only time that players with three letters in their surname played on each other in a final.

1 Like