Limerick GAA - Box Office

Waherford junior team sent home with their tae in their mugs

I’m lighting a bonfire here just in case the bus passes.

5 Likes

What was the standuard of hutling like?

We never went away you know

Dint know chief. My youngest had her birthday today. Didn’t make it

1 Like

Just back from Fraher Field, Dungarvan.

Things that are wrong - hurling in January on boggy pitches.

Decent work out but Waterford putting out the B team rendered it null and void as a meaningful contest.

We were all at sea early on. Waterford had their usual tactic of a one man forward line as they packed the midfield, leaving one attacker inside with an ocean of space. Richie McCarthy was repeatedly exposed by either Bennett or Foran who rotated as their sole forward. Bennett slipped inside McCarthy in the first minute and as he attempted to round the 'keeper to tap the ball into the empty net he was cynically hauled down by Quaid. Wonderful cynicism from the Effin man who duly saved the resulting penalty. He was to be beaten a few mins later though, Foran beat McCarthy in the air and drilled his effort home. All in all Richie was a bit of a bomb scare all day long and I’d be surprised if he starts against Clare in June. Heart in mouth time every time the ball went in really.

Alan Dempsey had the game of his life. Even when we were being beaten all over the field he was the one player working his arse off and dictating play in the false number 11 position. Waterford couldn’t live with him as he floated everywhere, linking play, creating scores, getting tackles in. John Fitzgibbon was also pretty good throughout.

Totally one way traffic in the second half, game was over as a contest with about 20 minutes left. Kyle Hayes came on, scored a point. I like the cut of his jib but I don’t expect him to feature much this year. Cantered to the win for a finish as the locals were sent home with tea in their Waterford crystal.

Half backline has been a huge issue the last few years. Not sure if Hannon will stay there but he was ok. Pretty nothing game today so can’t really say if it’s worth persevering with or not. Byrnes is the spiritual leader of this team now.

I’d still like to see Jim Bob coaxed back into the fold. He is the dog of war type you need in the heat of championship.

Of the new lads Michael Casey was probably the best, solid out.

Had a lovely pre match meal in The Park Hotel. Friendly staff, nice grub and a reasonable price. Waterford people are generally alright sorts bar that cunt Martin Cullen.

Probably the first game we’ve ever won with that bollix Johnny Ryan reffing.

All in all a decent day out but I’ll hold off booking the hotel for Dublin in September until we beat Cork next week.

TFK exclusive - Iain Corbett will remain as the Limerick football captain for 2017.

31 Likes

#yurt

2 Likes

Scenes!

1 Like

Welcome back @dodgy_keeper

2 Likes

It’s good to be back, my square headed Polak friend. :+1:

1 Like

One of the fastest nice post awards i have ever seen here, you got that in just over 5mins. Welcome back sir.

1 Like

Aboy @dodgy_keeper welcome back pal now it really feels like the season is just around the corner!

1 Like

As always, top top report from you bud

1 Like

It’s so exciting I’ve decided the post my first ever reply. Luimneach abú.

Hi lads

5 Likes

I wonder what Tomas will have to say this week.

2 Likes

Which one of the west board are you?

Welcome back dodgy!!

1 Like

Delighted to give that it’s 24th like.

Welcome back, horse.

1 Like

Ive just taken my like back and given it again. Unreal.

Return of the King :clap::clap::clap:

Welcome home @dodgy_keeper

1 Like