Limerick GAA - Box Office

He’s not a bad shot stopper but the rest of his game is indeed average… His puckouts can be way off

Very brave alright & a decent shot stopper. But, his deliveries and ability under a high ball are average at best.
The chap only togs out in Goal for the Co Team, all his club hurling done out the field, yeah?
Surely there is an out & out GK within the club scene in LK better than Nicky?

1 Like

Ah now, he’s safe as a house under a high ball. Never ever beaten in the air.

I would say his command of the square is his best asset, then shot stopping and I expect his puckouts will be much improved this year when there’s an actual puckout strategy.

6 Likes

Under high ball he is quality it’s his strongest asset IMO he catches alot of balls with his height other keepers would maybe have to bat.

Good under a high ball :smile:

You are a clown.

Gap is a goal at half-time.

Wford lead 1-10 to 10 HT.

Cmaaaannn!

Take off the Green tinted glasses & be subjective. He’s a very average keeper & there must be better on the LK club scene surely.
Nicky would be Intermediate standard really.

As a neutral I think Nickey Quaid is a very solid keeper and is the least of John Kielys worries.

8 Likes

Solid?

I wouldn’t have the inight of others here having only seen him in inter county championship really but I always felt he has an outstanding hand for a ball dropping in, I can’t remember a high profile mistake. I was very impressed the wet day against KK he took a fair few d I we cleanly and under pressure.

He’s one of the top shot stoppers in the game too.

Yes

Nicky is average under the high ball??!:joy: :joy:. I would very much like to be shown evidence of this! Fucking apes here who have never played the game are the only ones to think otherwise.

Lads for the love of Christ. We’re a half hour into a game that has about has much relevance as tits on a bull and already there’s battle lines drawn up. Cop the fuck on

There is no keeper better in Limerick. Eoghan Mac may take the position in a couple of years, but Quaid is better as of now.

There are very few better in the country, he’s clearly better than the likes of Nash, O’Keeffe, Kelly etc.

I’m drawing up a list of questions for John Kiely

2 Likes

@carryharry Is in an awful way in here the first week of January.

Will he bring in Tom Ryan for support