Limerick GAA - Box Office

Fuck all ye begrudgers, we just qualified for the McGrath cup final!

2 Likes

Yay. Bet Jim Bob feels a right tit tonight.

As predicted. Didn’t think it would be the annihilation that it was though.

The overreaction on social media is fucking hilarious though. The same fellas who were lauding a win against the Waterford subs last week are flagellating themselves at our subs being beaten by Cork’s first team.

Jerome made an awful fool of himself alright.

Do you expect measured consideration , rational analysis and perspective on the Internet when discussing Limerick hurling .

2 Likes

Another classic Limerick leader match report. Imagine writing a match report and putting absolutely no information as to what happened in the match in it. It’s even worse than their usual effort of listing the scores and the times they were scored at and passing it off as a match report

2 Likes

On the plus side another good win for the footballers today :clap:

Kerry next weekend in the final.

Who are the hurlers playing?

I would doubt that. I would say my gripe would be that they are not well looked after and the coaching is ordinary at best.

Players have never stopped being there, culture is the problem.

And its fucking January, and they have been training like its May i believe. So have a look at my first line again.

Kerry

What’s the story with the journo’s being afraid to put their names to their match ( :smile: ) reports?

Gas, it is.

Makes sense to put the two games together next weekend

I dunno. He got hit with comments from a load of whingers that weren’t at the game. A consistent cabal of people that have no interest in Limerick hurling other than to knock it. I was there, and it was septic, but it was a meaningless game with a load of fringe players up against a strong Cork team. I worry often enough about Limerick hurling but I’m not bothered by today at all.

I wouldn’t have any great issue with Jerome’s comments to be honest.

2 Likes

I will leave the tickets for yourself and @Julio_Geordio behind the bar of the curragower Saturday mornign for ye

2 Likes

I’ve season tickets sure

1 Like

Can those who post on the Limerick thread please walk away from their keyboards, go for a walk and look at the fucking calendar. It’s January ffs. We’d a cluster fuck of a team where almost no comibination had played together. Nothing that happened matters. Just like last week. Please stop further embarrassing ourselves on this noble forum.

1 Like

We’ll add a football team for good measure.

O’Sullivan

O’Dea
Johnny mac
White
Fahy
Corbett
Cahill

Treacy
Fanning

Buckley
Bourke
Collins
Neville
O’Carroll
Ryan

One things for sure Kiely should pull all players from that college cup nonsense immediately it’s fucking with our season already.

1 Like

Last week wasn’t much use and this weekend was pretty much the same.

Of the 'keeper and back six who started today I’d say only two - Seanie O’Brien and Richie English - will be starting or close to starting in the summer. English has been injured and he looked miles off the pace upon his comeback, Cadogan gave him a torrid time and scored or set up four or five of the goals. I’ve no worries about the lad though, he’ll be fine for the games that matter.

They walked through our half backline, Stephen Cahill had his moments but the two lads beside him had days to forget.

We had two u-21’s in midfield. They need to put a bit of meat on their bones that only comes with a few years of intercounty conditioning. Daniel Kearney isn’t a giant but he totally dominated.

Wiped out in the half forward line. The three lads in the inside line actually did ok on limited enough possession but it was a futile exercise overall.

Overall a bad day but I wasn’t dancing a jig last Sunday and I won’t be too downbeat over today either. Unfortunately more lads played themselves out of contention for the first choice match day 24 than impressed. Always hurts losing to a side/management team containing those respective cunts Anthony Nash and Diarmaid O’Sullivan, though.

Our touch was fairly abysmal but it was mainly an U-21 team. A wet, mucky day just doesn’t suit those younger lads as they’ll lose out in the physical stakes more often than not.

Unfortunately Cork will be back as a force sooner than people realise. Kingston is a super star in waiting while that Coleman chap is also an excellent prospect. They seem to be getting their act together with their underage set ups too. With 200 odd clubs to pick from they’ll be back soon enough.

Attendance of 1,625.

Did I mention that Anthony Nash is an awful gowl?

Great win for the footballers. Won one game in 2016 in all competitions and have already surpassed that this year. Billy Lee’s green and white army :ronnyroar: :ronnyroar:

11 Likes