Limerick GAA - Box Office

Limerick never feared Tipp.

Ye might want to start

Don’t think so. It’s not the Limerick way.

It is great to have an extra week to prepare, that should benefit us.

Apology for Dalo?

Congrats lads. How many All-Ireland final appearances is that in the last few years now?

Thanks, Limerick teams have been very successful in winning All Ireland’s over the recent years.

The minor this year would be a very nice addition to the collection.

Great trip to the capital I was due to be in London this weekend but that’s only the fifth time I’ve seen a Limerick hurling team win a game in croke park in the flesh. There isn’t the same hype about this side than 13 and 14 sides but we might end up with more seniors from this bunch. Hayes was very good as was Brian Ryan. The two of them set the tempo in the forwards working their arses off. Hayes is our best prospect at 6 for the next few years but I was impressed with his vision and use of the ball today. Finn hourigan is a fine hurler as well and will go a long way. He picked off a fine score. Bizarre to think jerome boylan couldn’t get in the 24 man panel at the start of the year. Dublin were terrible and hurled like the Limerick seniors - brainless. Great night out in Dublin too last night it’s pricey but it’s always a great night. Time for the train nearly.

9 Likes

What I really liked about that Limerick win was it was built on hard work, tough (illegal*) tackling and hunting in packs. The complete opposite of our seniors.

*Everyone else has been doing it for years, about time we copped on

There was a lovely cynical foul from one of the Limerick backs there a few mins from the end. The gap was five or six and a goal at that juncture would have led to a helter skelter last few minutes. Dub was making his way in from the Hogan Stand side between the 14 and 21 and the Limerick lad had no intention of playing the ball, just hauled the inrushing Dub down.

A “good foul” is what I believe it is called.

2 Likes

Ye won and congrats but ye fell asleep for the start of the 2nd half?

It was fucking great to see… The best part of the performance for me.

Think it was Ciaran O’Connor from Kilmallock. A fine player.

Ciaran Carey is to be the subject of tonight’s Laochra Gael. Maybe a repeat but I don’t remember seeing it before.

I presume the 96 point will come up.

I wonder did he do honours Irish for the leaving.

His father was a year behind me in school.

I was thinking the exact same thing at the time… ‘Great Free’ just stop a late goal at all costs.

Take the yellow

He’s a Green Road boy, a neighbour of Iron Mike’s.

1 Like

And Davy Clarke…