Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Is Kyle Hayes able to eat solid food yet?

1 Like

Where did you pull that number 50 from? Is that the price of a bag of coke?

He trained fully Friday night and will be playing next week v tipp. Don’t believe the silly rumours.

1 Like

That was a BAD STATEMENT by me.

2 Likes

Poor enough fare today. Happy that Limerick dug it out when things looked to be going away from them but they need to improve the accuracy big time. Gillane missed three very storable frees. Should have won by a lot more, and had Wexford dead and buried long before they made their run.

Wexford aren’t up to much on today’s showing. Can’t see them getting past a quarter final.

Similar enough game to two years ago I thought .
Except the difference was the experience Limerick have gained plus physically they have come on leaps and bounds This made it easier to handle the usual dirt dished out by Wexford.

There will be no DVDs of this game sold .

Its January hurling pal. Lot of positives to take out of it all things considered.

If limerick are to retain this all ireland they’ll have to box clever. Possibly add a lot more goals to their game. Maybe go with two of Hayes/hego/tom m and add in a Dowling style player. Particularly in Munster. We need to get scores easy and put games to bed early to have a chance. I don’t believe well out work teams and out last teams like last year. Gillane is also turning into one of the players in the country. I’ve never known limerick to have a fella capable of scoring 2-4 against or 1-8 day in day out. If he keeps going we might just finally have a marquee forward.

:smile:

Limerick no logo other than O’neill’s on the jersey?

Wexford are both shit and filthy in equal measure, that’s the gimme game out of the way the serious business starts Saturday night.

You’d have to be happy enough with that from a Limerick perspective. There’s piles of improvement to come as we all know. I felt they’d be rustier than Wexford today and get caught on the hop but I think they’ll only go onwards and up from here.

Still and all Wexford were only a goal behind in injury time and hit the post. They could have went to win from there with the momentum so it’s small margins. Wexford were poor today and the past two seasons have hit the ground running under Davey. It’ll be a long, hard, fruitless year for the yellowbellies.

We all know the lads who go to games and @anon32894817 you ain’t one of them. You talk waffle and have been exposed numerous times as a master bullshitter.

I’ve missed three games in the last two seasons. The Clare game, today (I was doing a bit of a stewarding) and I was out of the country for the Carlow game.

Wexford have a very good league record over the past two seasons. That’s a very decent performance from limerick given the circumstances.

It is. Like I said before it shows how far Limerick have come. It was a very similar game to two years ago with the result reversed.

Wexford to me looked like a team with absolutely no stick work done their first touch was absolutely atrocious, they were happy to go route one booming ball and hoping to score from a break, we looked happy to counteract their fitness advantage by working the short ball through the lines and letting them chase after it.

davey had them out at half five this morning for a 20 miler

3 Likes

They were up and down Lugnaquilla twice before lunch yesterday.

1 Like