Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Who are the main candidates to break through? Obviously Casey. Next best chance is William O’Donoghue or the Dow I reckon. (Yeah yeah, na piarsaigh bias etc, but i think these are the best three hurlers that didn’t start last year). Condon?

You’re saying nothing… Just scrambling around making excuses for Galway

Yeah, but, bandage said!

1 Like

This is just embarrassing from the Galway lads at this stage, i’m happier than ever we beat the cunts now. I lost all respect for them in the 2013 QF when they had about 500 supporters in Thurles.

He’s achieved success as both a forward and a back, something very few can say.

His touch, his vision, his decision-making, the way he holds himself…everything about him is class. Reminds me of a hurling Andres Iniesta.

Scored an unreal point in the final too when he caught the GOAT napping and nicked the ball off him.

Casey the obvious one, and is on target at the moment after first half display on Sunday. Your guess is as good as mine after that. Condon was pretty good which was encouraging, but you are talking about a 30 year old. Malachy won’t cut it as a starting midfielder. Dempsey didn’t set the world alight the last day. No sign of Dowling or Downes, the Doon boys used instead without making much of an impression. Is WOD injured?

Hannon had a great year. Of course there is no question that he is the equal of canning, who I think is probably the best hurler ever.

Maybe Dowling or downes will get their chance yet. Dowling the most likely to come into the team after Casey based on last year. Downes and Nash could do anything but haven’t shown it recently. WOD currently injured. Him and Browne will both be ahead of Ryan for midfield.

WOD out for long?

Casey bullied him. It wasn’t fair.

Keep forgetting about Nash, another one into the mix.

Browne surely won’t be back before the end of the league. Even with his experience I’d say he’ll struggle to get back into the match-day 26 for the Munster Championship.

:rofl:

Canning is the best hurler ever, but Hannon is every bit as good as him. Where did you learn logic mate?

There appears to be a clear pecking-order per position. If he was fit, David Reidy would have started ahead of David Dempsey last Sunday.

It’s a fairly simple concept - perform in training, make the matchday 26 and so on.

The one anomaly is Kevin Downes, who has been named in the squad for Limerick’s last 3 competitive games (one of which had 8 substitutes allowed) and has yet to see a minute’s gametime.

Didn’t our best forward play CB in ‘73?

1 Like

There is no question that he is at Canning’s level (edit: to be completely clear, canning is in the very top echelon of players, it is obvious that Hannon is very good but is not threatening that bracket). I think canning is the best hurler ever. We don’t have a Henry shefflin or a TJ Reid either.

Makes our win all the more impressive then.

Reading @anon7035031 ‘ s posts on here is like listening to a barstool Man United fan ranting about football.

Didn’t Cregan move to the forwards later in his career?
Anyway, fine hurler, and best Limerick hurler since Mackey imo.

Hannon is at Canning’s level, but is not threatening that bracket?
Do you read what you write at all?

Think you’ve misquoted him, mate.

2 Likes

But sure Man United fans would know a fair bit about football, and more importantly what it takes to win more than once.