Shane Dowling doesnt rely on it.
Richie English doesnt rely on it.
Sean Finn Doesnt rely on it.
Gillane doesnt rely on it.
Mike Casey doesnt rely on it.
Peter Casey doesnt rely on it.
Byrnes doesnt rely on it.
Cian Lynch doesnt rely on it.

And most of them are 24 or under and still have parts of their game to work on - but they dont rely on size or athleticism - like all inter county players, it has just excelled their game.

1 Like

And after their 7 foot full forward got hurled off the field by our 5 foot full back :smiley: you couldnā€™t make it up :rofl:

6 Likes

I think wrestled is the word you are looking for.

Give it up ffs. He stood up to him and the Galway man wilted.

1 Like

Lads, this is fucking brilliant. Weā€™ve won the best all Ireland ever, beating Tipp, Cork, Kilkenny, Waterford and Galway and we still arenā€™t rated.

2 u21s in 3 years a lot of these lads won. Then a senior.

Anywhere else bar Limerick and the holes would be licked clean off them.

We were lucky though

6 Likes

Yer man wasnā€™t outhurled at all apparently, he was outmuscled by the lad 2 foot shorter than him! :smile:

Galway might as well have sent in a gorilla with a Hurley tied to his arse :laughing:

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying they are not good hurlers, essentially anyone playing inter county for a competitive team is a good hurler. They are not pure hurlers though, thereā€™s no one on that Limerick team that is or ever will be a Joe Canning.

1 Like

I canā€™t think of a modern day hurler that fits the term ā€œpure hurlerā€ more than Declan Hannon. The man is utter class

1 Like

True. None of em own a takeaway

1 Like

Ya Joe never relied on his physical attributes.

I know a small fat lad playing junior b has the best wrists Iā€™ve ever seen

This should keep this thread ticking over nicely until sometime tomorrow. :popcorn:

I do think one of the big indicators in the league this year will be if 3-4 players who didnā€™t get a look in last year put their hands up. If, by April, weā€™re looking at the same 15 with the same cohort of subs, I canā€™t see us retaining our crown.

2 Likes

So good he had to be moved back to center back to make a spot for him? He struggled for years in the forwards.

1 Like

Inshalla! Last thing we need is egotistical cunt who sells Thai food.

2 Likes

So what? Joeā€™s are once in a generation type players

Most of the Limerick team are around 23 ffs - give em a break.

Joe has it all, in the conversation for GOAT.

1 Like

22-23 are probably the prime years for a hurler these days, given the commitment involved. Itā€™s hard to keep the same commitment going once you leave college (if you leave college that is).

ā€œYour hurling team isnā€™t that great because no one on it is as good as Joe Canning.ā€ Christ above.

His hurling debating is about as coherent as the rest of his ramblings.

Grand . Theyā€™re all done - washed up at 22.

Fuck away out of it now will you like a good man. Youā€™re all over the place.

But sure according to ā€œexpertsā€ like @Bandage, Joe Canning is the weak link on the Galway team.

Iā€™m just saying what you are saying regarding Limerickā€™s chances in 2019, except more eloquently.