Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

I agree. And as I said already, it has stood to other players to get a year of S&C with the footballers. Surprised at Brian Ryanā€™s omission too.

Comparing him to Dowling isnā€™t quite apt at the moment.

:rofl:

He was stone useless against Tipperary or have you forgotten that performance?
Why highlight the Clare match & not the Tipperary match?

Whatever about Lynch, Ryan is well off what is required for a senior intercounty wing-forward.

Heā€™s skilful and maybe his time will come, but striking loose ball isnā€™t enough at the highest level.

1 Like

The Tipperary game was always going to be a step up in class from the Clare game. Everyone is entitled to a bad game. Heā€™s only 20 years of age. Iā€™ve no doubt he will go on to have a stellar and distinguished career with the Limerick senior hurling team even if he is not involved this year.

Is it possible brian Ryan is playing for Cuala?

What other hurlers have benefited from a year of s and c with the footballers? I canā€™t think of any.

If and when he does get an opportunity to show what he can do, it will more than likely be at midfield or corner forward. Both these positions especially midfield is where he would be able to express himself and contribute in a big way on the scoreboard as well.

Midfield or Corner Forward? :grin:

Hopefully Ronan Lynch and Hanly will be incorporated into the senior panel this season.

Most of them gone back to Blighty. No loss. Your man of the Gammels is left with considerable wounds I believe. If I can get a photo Iā€™ll stick it on the appropriate thread.

Heā€™s very good on the frees in general. Good size and not a slouch. Iā€™d expect him to be involved at some stage

who are the Limerick options for the full back line cover now Hickey , McCarthy gone and Condon getting on a bit?

We have two lads in training with the footballers for the s&c

2 Likes

Look, the game is changing all the time and who knows in a few years, but personally, I wouldnā€™t see him as a corner-forward. Has he ever played there? With the competition that we do have for inside forward positions, heā€™d be doing well to get in.

And midfield, possibly but at the moment, the type of player that is preferred there pretty much across the board is all-action players who are constantly on the move supporting both attack & defence.

Not that to say he canā€™t adapt, heā€™s got plenty of talent and heā€™s still very young.

McCarthy would look to still be the full-back cover when heā€™s back.

Condon, Lyons, Oā€™Meara, Costello, Connolly look to be the others.

And Dan Morrissey

Hickey is gone, McCarthy is currently injured but still on panel, condon still on the panel.