Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Footballers are in an absolutely deplorable state. Back to the bad old days of division four basement dwellers.

Massive respect to guys like Ian Corbett and Sean O’Dea who continue to plough on when there is zero chance of success. Fair play to anyone who puts their social life on hold to slog it out to play intercounty but there are some terribly average players in the panel at the moment.

We won one game last year - and drew another - and can’t see much of an improvement on that in all honesty.

1 Like

Anyone know anything about this lad from Firies? What’s the connection?

He’s been on various underage panels over the past few years and his club has always been Firies. Don’t know any more after that.

Is he Browne from Abbeyfeale. Played a bit of hurling for Tournafulla?
I might be going senile so take with a pinch of salt.

Is he a son of the ex Ard Scoil principal or a nephew?

Different Padraig Browne, this lad is only a young fella.

1 Like

Some relation anyway.

He played 21s for Limerick, stylish enough player.

he may be a son, her husband is from that part of Kerry, on the staff in Mary I. I know they’re related anyway.

I think he is her son but I’m not certain, I remember CCHA and Elvis were talking about it a couple of years back.

Last year I believe.
Heard that the young lad wasn’t interested in doing gym work and this is frowned on by management. Just not into it. How this lies up with him heading into the football panel?
Anyway fair play to him for commiting to the foootballers. Its not a soft option

He is her son.

I don’t know whether that is true or not, and I don’t know why he isn’t on the hurling panel (maybe they just don’t think he’s good enough!) but the Limerick senior footballers, despite not being world beaters, are generally super fit and do a lot of gym work.

NaP would be his local club?

He us good enough. Fuck sake if they can name a 41 player panel another 2 or 3 wouldnt go amiiss

1 Like

Until R Lynch meets the work ethic laid down by management that applies to everyone he won’t be on the panel. Bags of ability and a great ball striker but that’s only half the package required. D Morrissey isn’t in the same league hurling wise but no brainer in terms of selection and I say that as a NaP man.

He played with monaleen I believe.

That’s pretty much it. Look at his own club mate Dowling who was cast aside after the Clare game but fought like fuck and ended up being a crucial part of the all ireland win. I fear lynch will never learn the bizarre interview and joining up with the footballers won’t help.

Actually it might prove to the hurlers hat he is hungry to represent his county.
It also might be no harm that the lad gets to play a sport where he is not under pressure to perform
It also might open his eyes to the hardship the footballers have to endure.
Best of luck to him

1 Like

Brian Ryan from South Liberties is another very good hurler who is not part of the panel at the moment. Himself and Kyle Hayes were the two standout players on that 2016 Limerick minor hurling team that reached the All-Ireland final. He was also a class apart for the Limerick U21 hurling team in their game against Clare in Ennis last year. Some of the points he scored from play that evening were top class. Hopefully he has a good Fitzgibbon cup campaign with DCU and if he does, he could yet be part of John Kielys plans for the year ahead.

1 Like

Oh no that shitgibbon cup, guaranteed we will get a couple of injuries out of that this year.