Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

I wonder did @dodgy_keeper get a call up

Just back from Mick Neville Park.

May be premature and might be knee jerk but I’m writing off our Sam Maguire title hopes for 2019 already.

One point from play over the 70+ minutes. To be fair we never lacked for effort but it’s a labour of love for all concerned with Limerick football - players, management and the ever dwindling band of supporters.

Did ok in the first half, only a goal behind at the break but cut open at will on the resumption. Gifted them that goal through a bad kick out - the opposition are at their most dangerous when we have a kick out.

Don’t expect to see Cork at the business end of the football championship either.

No scoreboard in operation at the venue just shows the disdain the powers that be have for football.

On the plus side it was a most pleasant afternoon and not half as cold as previous McGrath Cup matches at the same venue. Estimated attendance - 183.

We’re up and running for another year on the GAA rollercoaster anyway, let’s hope we can pick up some silverware somewhere along the line in 2’19.

*we had a full complement of players so that elusive call up continues to elude me. The quest goes on.

10 Likes

Any vague idea of the score?

How did Tony Mac get on?

Obviously not a good result.

I spent most of the game chatting to a friendly auld codger from Monagea. I’ll hazard a guess it was something like 3-15 to 0-07.

We scored a solitary point in the second half, a 21 yard free in injury time.

Conceded two goals at the start of the second half and that was that.

I am going to be knee-jerk and rule us out of the race for Sam this year.

1 Like

Sam isn’t handed out in September .

Ah he was ok, probably slightly better than our other players. Just disappointing to collectively collapse after the break.

As for the new rules there were times when both side knitted together some decent moves and were blown up for the fourth hand pass. Plenty of foot passing overall which can only be a good thing. Can’t see the three hand pass rule being introduced permanently.

The mark inside the attacking 21 is a good initiative I think but it’s open to being counteracted with spare men being dropped back in there to prevent space and those catches.

Noted

Good interview with Paul Browne on Radio 1 now .

1 Like

Were cork shite? Munster final done me with football, previous to that surrender to Kerry,we used attend as many league,club matches as possible,but sticks in my craw the way we capitulated to Kerry, afraid of them it seemed

Cork weren’t that hectic in fairness, the heart seems to have been ripped out of them by all the bad beatings off Kerry and others in recent years.

Can’t see them getting near Kerry in the short term. Still have a scattering of decent players but they seem to have been left behind by the top teams in the last few years. At a low ebb at the moment with confidence levels still on the floor.

1 Like

I was there when football died in Cork. Declan O’Sullivan absolutely destroyed all of Cork below in the pairc. It was uncomfortable viewing it was that bad

1 Like

Agree,think once Brian Cuthbert left that was it

I was there too,what galled me in portmagee ( Kerry) later on, chatting to an ex Kerry footballer,pointed out to me ,on past times when playing Cork ,you’d know it for weeks,bruises etc,but not a hard tackle today from them

Huge?

I wonder did the judge snigger when they said Meanus

Pronounced “Maa-nus”

It was very important they included the final score in the report there.