Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Lawlor done well versus tipp in the final. The penalty was never a penalty either. Finn was ok but not much better than Casey. He’d a decent championship but was poor v cork too. We lost 3 of our 6 games as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost out.

The pelanty of gillane was blatant . Just because they are rarely given doesn’t change that

He fouled him about 4 times sure

Gillane’s goal in the league final was a stroke of genius, that isnt material obviously - but may get him an All Star at the same time along with his strong semi-final performance vs Kilkenny.

Gillane is all but their I’d say. He’s drifted in odds but I can’t see Mullen or fennelly getting in ahead of him.

1 Like

Are the City Board playing Ryder Cup rules now? Why don’t they just toss to see who plays who?

3 Likes

I’d give Mulcahy one over Gillane to be honest. He was very consistent this year without putting up big scores.

If If league form was inclcuded Finn would get one.

What games was Gillane good in this year? Find it strange he’s anywhere near contention for it. Mulcahy was better

He was outstanding in the league . That goal will seal it . He was good for in championship in most games . Mulcahy was great but AG has more big eye catching scores . We won’t get 2 forwards any way and mulcahy has 1 .

If you don’t win an all Ireland you’ll need a statement performance. Gillane probably had that v Clare and was good v tipp and kk too. Graeme was consistent but he didn’t put in that statement performance you need to win an all star.

You said Mul should be dropped this year.

The league has been irrelevant in the All Stars for years. He was fairly well held against Tipp, Cork and KK overall and Clare were shit

John kiely dropped him for the game in question.

Agree but there is generally a sop to The sponsors ( Allianz ?) . Mayo will get 1 in the football too . He was unlucky last year . This year he was average v cork . Good in the 2 turkey shoots , decent v Tipp and Tipp brought BM back to mind him and was good v Kk but left isolated badly in second half . He will get one I am nearly certain but Lk will need to get more of his talents next year .

It’s nothing against Limerick, they’ll probably get one alright. I just don’t think Gillane had a good championship. He barely hit a ball against Cork as I recall, did brilliantly for the goal against Tipp but little else, hit a few awful wides against Kilkenny and nobody should be in contention for All Stars based on how they played against Clare and Waterford last year

He destroyed Lawlor in fairness that’s not saying much I don’t see all the fuss about him myself just a gangly, slow player who is decent in the air. Gillane scored 3 points from play off him, won a penalty( very soft fair enough) and about 3-4 tap over frees from directly being fouled. He must have won 10-12 balls in front of him because he hit 4-5 poor wides too. The all stars are picked on plenty of factors and overall scoring totals albeit most from frees should see him get one with Horgan and Callanan.

2 Likes

He roasted him the same day. Kilkenny resorted to double marking him in the second half

No they didn’t. Limerick dropped Graeme out. Limerick stupidly allowed him be double marked.

He was really good in the opening half. Underrated given the scraps he lived off.