Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

NCW well on top of Croom in the Inter Semi final

You are a Financial Doping apologist.

Curtin??

I’d say these lads have a lot of customers in the hurling world. Me hole!!!

No Anthony Hartnett. He got 11 points altogether. 8 from placed balls

1 Like

Shur at least they can put their name on the jersey.

Boom. Great win again, into a double county final

1 Like

Just back from Bruff.

All-Ireland winning manager JK was an interested observer as NCW romped into Nick Grene Sportsground maintenance intermediate hurling county final after an emphatic victory over Croom. 1-19 to 1-09 it finished and the westerners were worth every point of it.

Young Diarmuid Kelly impressed again, notching three or four from play. He was ably assisted by livewire Brian Nix and it was his goal on the strike of half time that gave his side an eight point cushion at the interval. Nix could have had a couple of more goals, striking both the post and crossbar in quick succession.

A lacklustre Croom rallied after the break and had it back to four before their challenge evaporated when they were reduced to 14 after a straight red. A well drilled NCW saw the match out comfortably and picked off late scores at will. They’re an extremely difficult side to play against when they get a lead, they funnel bodies back, clog up the defence and leave a couple of their speedsters up front isolated.

Could be some year for them. County senior football final and intermediate hurling final lay in wait.

2 Likes

The game was well balanced for the first 20 minutes or so, but we got the final 7 scores in the first half, really pushing us on. Nix’s goal was a massive turning point, made it very difficult for Croom to come back. Tbf to Croom they started well again in the second half but it was too much of a deficit and they just couldn’t properly grab a foothold. Biggest difference to other years for us really is the confidence the lads are playing in, last year we won the u21 county A and 7 of those started today. They will give whoever it is a good rattle, but I imagine Glenroe or NAP will go in favourites. @Aristotle if you don’t mind, keep predicting us to lose by a few, it has been working well :laughing::laughing:. Tbf we were underdogs today, but as mentioned above our backs really suffocated them throughout the game. We finally also have a real scoring forward that we have been crying out for, and since the turn of April we have introduced two of them of real quality. Kelly and Nix causing lots of trouble for teams up front these days.

1 Like

Two fairly decent hammerings ye’ve dished out now that I predicted ye to lose. I went for Croom on account of their experience, although I didn’t realise Lucey was out but I’m not surprised at your win. A lot of youth & pace in the side and a bit more hurling up front than ye would have had even last year.

Should have no fear of either of the other two sides now.

1 Like

Sound man. Glenroe favourites at this stage tbf but it’ll be a cracking final either way. I had croom as winners before hand too and again I was pleasantly surprised

Great stuff, hope ye win the hurling. Important for the county that ye are strong and contributing.
I hope ye are bate to death in the football final

2 Likes

I’ll take it :joy:. Most people do to be fair, at the start of the year I said I would have liked to see Oola win it if not us. Same with Doon in the senior hurling. Both finals should be tasty.

My first time seeing NCW since last year against Claughaun , which was a chronic game. The improvement is massive , lovely style of hurling , no panic , move the ball well , very fit and two lethal corner forwards. The half forward work their socks off as well as the midfield. Glenroe arn’t that good this year . They are getting on a bit and outside of Mark O’Connell they dont have much firepower. Id be more worried about Na Piarsaigh.

also at this game croom very very poor. Just goes to show how low the standard is when they have reached a final and a semi final now!!! junior seems to be really low on quality also.

Agreed Croom were extremely poor as good as we are. They played into our hands

Absolutely nothing against Ronan Lynch or Na Piarsaigh but it’s a bit of a joke that his red card has been rescinded.

Don’t want to see lads missing county finals but it was a stonewall red card, undermines the ref and the disciplinary process generally.

I’d love to know the basis on which it was overturned.

1 Like

I think the kilmallock player in question spoke up for him

Fair play to the Kilmallock player if so but it shouldn’t really come to that.

It was a wild, reckless pull - out of character from him but a red card all day long.

We’re sporting that way