Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I think we’ll devour the rest of them for 2020. Not a bother.

Will the well have enough to stop the nap 3 in row?

Got Intermediate semis wrong in both football & hurling.

Got the relegation final and all 4 junior quarters right.

5/8.

Best of luck tomorrow @Aristotle will the celebrations be in Kildimo or Pallas?

That will be the cause of the next split😉

1 Like

Jack Griffins at 6

I’m throwing my weight behind K/P tomorrow on the basis that they’d be interesting at senior.

Blackrock would be cannon-fodder and relegated straight back down.

3 Likes

You’d have to fancy Na Piarsaigh tomorrow.

They haven’t been fantastic this year, but are still getting results and have so much quality all over the pitch. They struggled in the first half against Kilmallock in the semi-final, but showed real grit to get the win with only 14 men in the second half. Okay, Kilmallock didn’t seem to have a clue how to take advantage of the extra men but Kilmallock do have quality players and Na Piarsaigh always seemed to be in control, which is impressive in itself.

That was without Peter Casey, who should be back. Dowling is a loss, no doubt about that, but they do have enough quality elsewhere.

Patrickswell were flying earlier in the year and remain the only team unbeaten, which is impressive. They were under the cosh a couple of times, they drew with Kilmallock after Lynch was sent off and also drew with Adare when Lynch-less and Gillane-less.

A lot of talk about Gillane, which is fair enough, he is a class forward. If he was fit & fully-firing, you’d give them a chance. I think he’ll play but how effective will he be? If Na Piarsaigh have a weakness, it’s in that full-back line. Although you’d want a player like that as close to goal as possible, I think they’ll start him in the corner and see if Mike Casey moves across to mark him. If he does, they’ll see if they can get joy out of Buckley or Houlihan or whoever moves into full-back. Kevin O’Brien caused Ronan Lynch serious bother earlier in the year, and he;s motoring well.

However, despite all that, it’s the other end where Patrickswell have the bother. It makes sense to push your best players up the field and hope you have enough firepower to win but if I say that Na Piarsaigh’s full-back line is where they can be got at, Patrickswell’s definitely can too. Seanie O’Brien is very very pacy and he’ll do a job, but marking Peter Casey is not easy. Without trying to be too harsh on Foley & Nolan, they’re grand players; I think they will struggle with the likes of Adrian Breen & Will Henn if they get decent service. And if they put Downes inside, he could do wreck too.

Maybe they could move Carmody or Josh Considine back to help out, but you’re losing them elsewhere if they do that. Na Piarsaigh definitely have the better breadth of talent (if that’s a real phrase).

I’m not writing off Patrickswell completely. In Gillane, Lynch and Byrnes; they have 3 top, top players who make a huge difference at this level, even against a side as good as Na Piarsaigh. Supplemented by the O’Briens, Considine, etc. they have a very good side. But I think they will need Na Piarsaigh to mis-fire slightly too. It’s not impossible, they haven’t been flying but I just feel like the semi-final performance was the time to catch them and with the doubts over Gillane’s fitness, I’m going to tip NaP to win by 3 or 4.

7 Likes

The Well will give it to them but fancy Nap to do business kildimo by 10 points Ncw and Glenroe too hard to call and Castletown for the Junior A

Kildimo will not win by 10.One will do.

2 Likes

Tick Tock Tick Tock…

And not wan peep from the Usual suspects.

Private forum to be reactivated anon

2 Likes

Reactivated?

Yep. Reactivated. Its only used for gossip and sharing pics from the WAGs insta at the moment so my mole tells me

I hope @anon32894817 enjoys thia game

Emmet O’Brien is some clown

3 Likes

That’s a fairly shite bit of writing to be fair.

He’s a lovely fella

He’s seems an awful slimey fucker

1 Like

Your mole is blind

1 Like