Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Lots of reasons to despise us tbf, it’s almost a lose lose situation for the neutrals when NCW and Glenroe/Bally face off!

2 Likes

I despise JBM, although SN would give him a run for his money!! But twud be great to see ye win it!

2 Likes

20 times at last the great Mackey finally passed, Cian was outstanding when the need was most I genuinely thought it was gone after the first 15 of the second half. Working tonight with the Kirby cc @anon61878697 the pints will have to wait until tomorrow!

12 Likes

I think this intermediate final between glenroe and ncw is huge ! For both clubs , Glenroe need this as they are ageing let’s be honest ! Can they rattle premier inter I don’t think so , but can prob hold there own for 2 possibly 3 seasons .
Ncw on other hand need to win this as there future looks bright , they have been over run with football, rugby and soccer it looks like .
If Ncw go up premier they will hav to work like dogs to survive but if they can hang onto premier status I reckon they cud knock on the door of senior in a few years wit the crop of young players coming through!

Prediction glenroe cud possibly shade it by 2-3 max !

1 Like

Well done watchmytoes will be in pwell tomororw

2 Likes

Hon the Well

2 Likes

Just back from LITGG.

As expected the first game provided much more entertainment. Never hit top quality but absolutely engrossing fare, especially the last 10 minutes when it was proper helter skelter.

Kilfinane will be kicking themselves. Missing the penalty and having a man sent off within thirty seconds was a killer, they had looked likely winners up to that point. Mind you they showed some guts when K/P drew level to kick on again and grab a few scores.

For K/P they had all the momentum and numerical advantage but did well to salvage a second bite at the cherry for a finish. Darren O’Connell had Richie in huge trouble at times but lacked support. He’s a lad worth a look in the intercounty setup I think. Kyler - nothing went right for the lad all day long. Just one of those days.

The replay will be intriguing. If the red card is upheld Kilfinane will need Heffernan back between the sticks which weakens their attack a fair bit. Paudie Leahy was exceptional.

Overall well done to both teams and ref Eamonn Stapleton who did a fine job. A draw was fair. Insulting to both clubs that there’s a three week gap to the replay. Something like this was always going to happen when the holiday was set for those dates.

The ‘Well. :clap::clap:

You just can’t bate tradition. Delighted for Ciaran. What a man. Been the best team all year long and deserving champions. It would have been criminal if they chucked it away with all those terrible wides. Could have gone in 12 or 13 points up at half time and missed chance after chance in the first 20 minutes of the second half. Showed terrific character and composure though to see it out.

C Lynch and Byrnes really stepped up when it was in the melting pot. Big game players. Enjoy the celebrations @Watchyourtoes and @Ambrose_McNulty

Hard luck Na P. There have been rumblings all year long that things haven’t been right in the camp and that seemed to manifest itself today with a strangely lethargic display. Peter Casey was excellent, his brother held his own also but very subdued overall. The Dow a huge loss for the frees alone, never mind his leadership.

Coming out of Thurles after the Waterford match in 2011 it looked as if we had found our full forward for the next decade but it just hasn’t happened for Kevin Downes since. Lucky not to get the line today in all honesty. Can see him struggling to make the senior squad in 2020.

Mick Church and Fanning came in amid much fanfare but the club haven’t got much bang for their buck, pardon the pun. Cut their losses and get one of their own in there, enough good hurling people in that club to win them a second club All-Ireland without outside help. Karma probably at play today for the way Paul Beary was treated last year.

I don’t know if there was an injury or what but how in God’s name they left Alan Dempsey out of that team is beyond me. Even with all their big names he has probably been their player of the decade, a real leader. Something seriously amiss when their talisman is left out. Hard luck @glasagusban @Bod95 - The ‘Well probably poked the bear today and you’ll come back to win the next three or four in a row.

The ‘94 side got a great reception at half time. And deservedly so. What a team that was. :clap:

24 Likes

Was it Apple crumbled who said the well had zero chance?

Just saw the trophy handover on the news. The, presumably, county chairman clinging onto Lynch’s hand and seemingly trying to prolong the handshake as Lynch went to raise the cup aloft. He wouldn’t let go and Lynch was trying to break free so he was sort of half side on and half face on. Hoisting the cup up and down over his head off balance with his left hand only as yer man beside him clung onto his right hand and persisted with a handshake motion. Obscene stuff.

1 Like

Was JP there?

Hero’s are hard to let go of

Best I ever saw lynch playing today. Outstanding.

Cian Lynch will get the most of the plaudits and deservedly so but Josh Considine was excellent for the 'Well today. Great prospect.

2 Likes

A small crumb of comfort for former councillor Sean Lynch as the Well bring home the bacon. His young lad, the ginger fella is a tidy stickman in fairness.

3 Likes

He’ll be disappointed that his native Loughmore got knocked out of the Tipp championship today, however

Ginger with yella low lights might do his efforts more justice.

Peter Casey the only real standout for Nap today, not good enough really for all their stars

1 Like

On a point of order, I’m pretty sure that the honour of presenting the trophy today to Patrickswell captain and HOTY Cian Lynch was passed to his club mate Paul Foley (Limerick County Board delegate to Munster Council)

1 Like

Blackrock will be sick tonight, it was game over if that penalty went in.Kildimo know they got out of jail today they were fuckin useless.Kyle was poor if you told me he played county and I didn’t know him I’d have said you were bullshitting.Thats how bad he was, he should have been subbed at half time.But they go again,Kildimo by 3 next day out.

3 Likes

Blackrock are fairly sick alright. Missed their chance I feel. Kyle Hayes surely can’t be as bad again. Daithi Heffernan will be a big loss for Blackrock if he has to go in goals the next day. Quality mightn’t have been the best but the last 10 minutes were fairly tense!!

1 Like