Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Most are looking at a stretch in Mountjoy. It’s no wonder they look distracted.

4 Likes

Lynch and Byrne’s weren’t involved anyway by their performances yesterday.

We’re going to be thrown out of the championship for 2020 and you couldn’t argue with it.

How’s the mood @Aristotle happy to live to fight another day?

We won’t have 15 to field anyway

You certainly would have to ask questions if there isn’t at least a three year ban.
At least we have limerick City fc to fall back on.

Between Limerick Hurlers and the Soccer players it’ll be a case of “Sporting Limerick Prison” next year

All these guards in Linerick are from Tipp and Cork. They are sabotaging us.

1 Like

Just levelling the field.

Ah lovely.

Buff Egan’s twitter has a picture of the obscenity.

It continued after this. Lynch trying to break free to get two hands on the cup and yer man refusing to let go and continuing to shake his hand.

Sheer muldoonery like this really amuses me.

2 Likes

Personally, I am disappointed. The game was there to be won, and we didn’t win it, so naturally I am disappointed. We certainly didn’t play as well as we can and there is huge scope for improvement but we had worked ourselves back into the match, got a bit of luck with the red card and then the penalty save but were a little sloppy then. We gave away a silly free straight after levelling it and also conceded the next puckout. That was the point where we threw the game away, two points in the space of a minute when they only had 14 and we had been getting on top.

Honestly, I didn’t think we were going to lose, our bench made an impact again and we were dominant in defence in the second half. We had the chances in stoppage time to win it but just weren’t clinical enough and that is disappointing. They outworked us in the first half and deserved their lead (although we gave away a few very soft scores which is infuriating), but in the second half, we upped the intensity and it was actually quite an exciting game for the neutral, I think- plenty of hard hits, both sides going at it hammer and tongs.

Shaun Barry was immense for us: obviously a lot of people are talking about the frees but he won some amount of ball aswell, and delivered some lovely ball into Darren aswell.

Darren gave Richie a bad enough time of it too, 4 from play and really should have stuck a goal too. He did everything right beforehand and 99/100, he sticks that. Look, if he gets a similar chance again, he’ll bury it.

Disappointing not to win but we didn’t play as well as we can. What we are is very hard to beat and that did show in the closing stages to reel off the scores we needed. But we’ll need to improve on a number of things if we want to win the next day.

3 Likes

Ye still have a chance to fix the problems anyway at least. And plenty time to work on it :see_no_evil:

In fairness yer man (Paul Foley) has served as chairman in Patrickswell as well as winning a heap of senior county medals with them throughout the late 80s and 90s. He deserved to be a bit excited.

4 Likes

Not sufficient excuse to warrant such a display of over exuberance. A 2-game Ard Comhairle ban would be acceptable.

1 Like

A quick word on Eamonn Stapleton yesterday; I really do think he’s the best referee in the county now. I know a few of our lads were whinging about a few steps calls but they were probably right; I thought the penalty call was a little soft, but I can still understand why he gave it. I know the Blackrock boys were annoyed they didn’t get a free late on and were annoyed about the red card- but if an umpire tells the ref that a player struck another player with his hurley, what choice does the referee have?

I thought he had an excellent game in general, and his management of the game contributed to its exciting nature.

2 Likes

How did Dave Moloney go?

I was wrong about the senior final.

Peter Casey did cause Patrickswell problems but Na Piarsaigh surely had to move him closer to goal and there would have been a much greater goal threat which it looked like they needed. Bar David Dempsey, the other Na Piarsaigh forwards were very poor. I kinda wrote off Tom Nolan & Nigel Foley a little beforehand but Nolan in particular had a massive game. Na Piarsaigh really missed Dowling up front; Boylan was very quiet, Downes poor enough & Henn just couldn’t get into it either. Breen hit a couple of points but it was mostly loose balls and he never really took his man on; in fairness to Dempsey, he did that.

William O’Donoghue was good and Alan Dempsey made an impact when he was on but as a team, they seemed to lack cohesiveness and Patrickswell were so much sharper. It looked like the Well were going to fuck it away with all the wides they hit at the start of the second half, it just killed their momentum and NaP slowly plugged away to close the gap. But Lynch, Considine & Byrnes really stepped it up in the end and they found the scores they needed.

Josh Considine was class, Lynch even better. Carmody, Byrnes & Maher in the half-back line all did well too. It didn’t really go right for Tommy O’Brien and Jason Gillane was very quiet aswell, but Aaron was always a focal point even if they didn’t get the scores.

Fair play to Carey, they have been the form team all year and are well-deserving winners; by far and away the best team on the day aswell.

Na Piarsaigh supporters not happy with Mick Church at all, there were some choice remarks in the Mackey Stand afterwards.

5 Likes

Very good.

2 Likes

Havent seen him since the home coming last August … but worked with him in Mary I for a while … no more than yourselves - desperate for club success and he rarely if ever misses a game for them … I hope you both win the replay.

1 Like

Though o’Halloran did a good job reffing the senior game

1 Like