Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

McNamara from Doon seems to be around a bit more. He played in goal for them this year didn’t he.

No his bro did at times.

He was definitely in goals for the semi final

Murray is a vastly superior shot stopper to Nicky quaid. Poor enough comment in my opinion. Murray is a serious talent. Inter county hurling is a different game from club hurling and it really has no relevance if a lad of his ilk makes the team of the year. Donie Ryan and Seanie Tobin have probably been in the best forwards in the club championship over the last few seasons but it had no relevance to our senior team.

You were wrong on Eoghan Mac kid. No need to lash out.

I just didn’t like the comment about Murray. I think he’s an absolutely savage keeper. Extremely talented. He’s that knack for blocking a bullet very few have. My understanding on eoghan mc is he barely plays anymore due to college commitments. His brother regularly plays in goals for doon. I don’t know will he play for limerick again probably a long enough road back for him. I wonder does McCarthy from glen roe have any interest he’s a fine keeper.

My point stands, if Murray is the best senior keeper in Limerick and he probably is, then Nickie doesn’t have much to be worried about.

Wasnt McCarthy in goals for Kiely at 21s? He was on the senior panel for a year if I remember correctly

I think that’s unfair. I’d be more concerned about the full back line cover. Sean o brien was meant to be good for the well. Darren o Connell gave Richie mc a roasting. We definitely need some depth. He was ya. He’s a good keeper too. I guess with being a sub keeperer you get so little game time it’s tough. If Quaid wasn’t available tomorrow would more lads make themselves available.

It’s not unfair, it’s true. Murray’s days of inter county are long gone.

Bar Eoghan Mac I wouldn’t have another senior goalie even on the panel. I wouldn’t give tuppence for Hennessy and even at that mac is only hype until he actually commits. McCarthy is probably the best option. Whatever about being second choice, being third choice must be a nightmare

5 Likes

Well done Ger Barry of Killeedy. Can’t have been easy breaking the Spike Limerick, sorry South Limerick, stranglehold.

2 Likes

Great to see Andrew O’Shaughnessy in with the minors.

4 Likes

He’s a bit old for that

The future is bright, the future is green and black…

Just back from Mick Neville Park.

County minor B hurling semi final result - G/B 3-13 Kildimo/Pallaskenry 4-04.

Team G/B banged in three goals in the first ten minutes and never looked back, led by 13 points at the short whistle.

Bizarrely K/P didn’t raise a white flag after the break but smashed in four goals, two of them bullets from 21 yard frees.

But within 6 points was as close as they got as G/B held on for the win. A few nice prospects on both sides. After winning the u16 13-a-side county title a few weeks ago it’s another small boost to reach another final.

Mike Mann as eccentric as ever. :smile:

3 Likes

I like the way mike Mann always makes it a little bit about himself regardless of the game. He’d have fellas seething on the side line. Always good craic.

1 Like

Did Mike play a full 30 minutes in the second half? He likes to cut it short if one side has the gane won.

2 Likes

Shure he does be up fierce early with the post

He’s some man. :smile:

We were well ahead at half time, he blew it up right on the 30. The shortest half time of all time then, barely five minutes!

No linesmen even for a county semi final. There was an obvious line ball to us in the first half which he incorrectly awarded to K/P. A few patrons started roaring at him to change his decision.

Over he walks and without batting an eye goes “I’ve no linesman to start with but have twenty of them now! Play away.” :smile:

19 Likes

Comes into his own at this time of year doing all the minor b and junior b stuff

3 Likes
15 Likes