Goal for NCW. Red rover

Senior final:

Newcastlewest 1-11 Oola 0-8 FT

:pint:

1 Like

Hon the townies

Kerry cunts.

8 Likes

Ah lovely. That’s one of the Christmas presents sorted.

Richie is a @StoneCold legend.

I was first introduced to him at a match years ago by a mutual acquaintance. He throws out the paw and offers the firm handshake before bellowing “how are uuuuuuu, Alan?” (He misheard, my name isn’t Alan)

Every subsequent time I’ve met him it has always been the same caper. “How are things, Alan?”. :smile:

You just don’t correct a legend like Richie so it has just become a running joke with my mate at this stage.

1 Like

Book is out in March. I wonder could you get a signed copy for @Fagan_ODowd ?

1 Like

March? Ffs.

Missing out on the lucrative Christmas market.

Mind you, when you win 10 county titles you are entitled to do what you want.

An auld lad I know still reckons that beating Tipp in the Munster final in ‘73 thanks to that last gasp 65 is his greatest day out following us, better than even the AI’s of 73 and ‘18.

1 Like

A boy Alan!

1 Like

Richie drank a pint of Guinness before the 73 final to help him sleep.

3 Likes

Richie is a great Limerick man.

10 Likes

Richie and Babs were the last of the auld schtock managers.

I was at a challenge match above in claughan when Richie was manager. They were playing loughrea. Andrew Brennan kicked a point and Richie roars into him. Brennan, will you give over that shit or Mickey ned will be looking for you :laughing:

1 Like

He was managing Kildimo about 4 or 5 years ago. They were playing pats in a city a championship quarter final or one of those early season tournaments on a really wet day in March. The game had descended into farce In rhebogue with maybe four or five players sent off. A huge brawl broke out again and there was Richie in the middle of the field in the thick of it at nearly 70 years of age. I remember him smiling from ear to ear coming off the pitch after it settled down and loving every minute of it as most of the players looked lost and wanted out. I think gearoid hegarty actually walked off the field for a finish. He was walking towards the small crowd on the side line and commented “that young Hayes is a good one”. His clear love for everything hurling will always stay with me. It’s probably also forgotten how him and his brothers and one or two other families basically turned patrickswell into a hurling strong hold.

3 Likes

They’re missing a trick not having this book ready for Christmas, as it would be a great stocking filler not just for Limerick folk, but hurling folk from other countries would buy it too owing to Richie’s authenticity, bona fides and alright sortedness.

Very unusual it’s being announced now but it’ll be another five months until you can buy it. I assume Henry Martin is author?

Met Richie at the left hand side petrol station in patrickswell one Sunday morning when you could drive home after drink. An absolute gent.

Possibly launching it with club all Ireland’s in mind. Henry launched his book in the cu chulainn if I remember correctly.