Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I would have said Knockane :smile:

How many people are in the parish of Knockane??

D/A sister club to Banogue. Neither field in the opposite code.

Hard to know who has the smallest pick in the county. Alot of ex Pallas with Knockane I’m told. Fellas like captain Trevor Cosgrave.

Would Dromin Athlacca and Banogue not just amalgamate fully across the board and be done with it ffs

That’s 3 amalgamations. A division

Incorrect. Dromin and Athlacca is the same parish. Same as Feenagh/Kilmeedy, Doon/Oola etc. Dromin isn’t even a village ffs, there’s actually nothing at all there. Athlacca is tiny.

The current underage amalgamation and adult club arrangement is a waste of time, just amalgamate top to bottom and be done with it

Doon and oola are separate parishes. I think Mungret and crecora are the same parish and have separate clubs same as patricks and claughan. The well and ballybrown are the same parish

Athlacca and Banogue are separate parishes.

Brave prediction!!!

This NCW side is hardly much better than Adare of last few seasons? Nemo gave Adare some thumping in 17 and Adare couldn’t get past the Nire last year

This is a coming Nemo side. They will be hard bet. Their performance in Cork final will be questioned after 2nf half performance but that was a very good duhallow team they tore to pieces in first half

If they setup defensively NCW can be very hard to breakdown. They’ve that Ulster style of attritional football, 15 men behind the ball, down to a fine art, now they’ve moved away from it a bit the last few years but it’s still in the locker. I’d expect it to reappear today and NCW to try and make it an absolute dog fight. Nemo should win no doubt, but they’ll earn it I think

1 Like

Nemo are shite

I’d agree with you there. If Nemo are beating Adare by 17pts last year, I wouldn’t put NCW ahead of the Adare side of last two years. I would rather be with Nemo -9 on handicap than NCW +9. Now I haven’t seen a lot of Limerick football in recent times but did see NCW live this year and they are no great shakes. I think it was a poor Limerick SFC this year.

As an aside a few lads are mentioning Gillane in goals for the Well, is Brian Murray injured for today or what? @Aristotle

Goals for the limerick 20s.

Some year for the south all told

Would there be many of the D/A hurlers who are Banogue clubmen?

how old is Trevor now?

36/37 I’d wager. Fine player in his younger days

1 Like

He won an FAi junior cup in early 2000s so he has been around. He didnt start last eve but got about 15 mins.

As for Dromin @Aristotle , I dont know who’s who out there. I know Reidys are D/A but after that your guess is as good as mine.

Brian Murray injured it seems

Jason Gillane starts in goals

No love lost between Ciaran and Gary Kirby I presume judging on those comments?