Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I rewatched the Kilkenny game the other night. I’m becoming very concerned about our prospects next year if we don’t change a few things up. Kilkenny among other things really showed if you stop hannon and Lynch we will struggle hugely to create scores. Without Flanagan at 14 we really struggle for a plan b too. We still worked hard Last year but it was very blunt at times. I don’t think the squad needs any real surgery but we definitely need to change some of the players. A return to form for Daragh o donovan and Seamus would be huge. A more free scoring and creative type in the half forward line would be huge too. Also maybe a more hurling half back like Barry Nash too deserves a chance. Our lack of goal chances is a worry also. On the positive side of things the age profile is good and there is a few options on the bench. Hopefully kiely proves himself as a top class manger and makes the right calls.

1 Like

No harm Patrickswell are gone. The whole Limerick squad need focusing on intercounty duties without the distraction of club championship.

Nap reached the all Ireland club final in 2018.

1 Like

The cork 2018 semi final was actually very similar to the Kilkenny game. Cork stopped hannon hurling that day too with Daniel Kearney. The goal before half time probably kept us a live and came from a route one ball into Flanagan. We didn’t have this option this year versus Kilkenny. Our half backs didn’t really get on top that day until Kearney went off that day and when they did we started scoring freely.

True, but being out gives the complete squad more time to gel and organize for a longer duration in the run up to championship.

No it didn’t. So you either made that up on purpose or you didn’t watch the game back at all.

We dominated the last 20 minutes of thr first half after a slow start.

After 15 minutes we were 7-5 up. On 35 minutes we 14- 12 points down. we were outscored 9 points to 5 in the period you claim we dominated. In the first 15 minutes of the second half cork outscored us 1-9 to 6 points. Flanagan’s goal before half time kept us in the game.

Lynch…created by Flanno… But we deffo dominated a large part of that half.

Yes I should have said we were able to us Flanagan as an out ball. He is excellent at dragging defenders into the corner of the 45 and creating space for other players to run into. This year versus Kilkenny we didn’t have that option.

We need him or another thst can play the same game to be in top form next year.

The goal didn’t come from a route one ball to Flanagan.

We badly need Daragh o donovan back in form too. Not just for his long range point taking but he’s much better on the ball than William o Donoghue. O donoghue has his uses but at the very highest level he lacks a little hurling at midfield particularly when teams will look to shut out cian Lynch. Our other midfielder needs to pick up the slack and take the play making pressure off Lynch. O donghue is a great option when you want to close out a game.

Morrissey scattered the ball up along the wing trying to pick it up. Flanagan took over and scuttered it another 10 yards before picking it up and playing a lovely ball.

Morrissey couldn’t control it and as you said dribbled it up along the wing a bit where Flanagan found himself on the end of it. It was the opposite of a route one ball to Flanagan.

@Bandage

Were patrickswells big boys motivated I wonder. Trip to America would have been off this weekend if they won.

Very difficult to train also with the spine of the team gone on jps trip to Barbados.

Byrnes & Gillane were probably their two best players on the day.