Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

A fair bit of west limerick attend SMI in Newcastle West. Goes from Castlemahon to around Monagea, Ardagh, Athea and Feenagh. Definitely needs to put focus into these sort of schools

Yes and there’s plenty of pockets of hurling areas around there. If the game got going in the school it would spread in my opinion.

You’d think with Mullins in the Comp hurling would gain an awful lot more traction. I think they won some Munster “D” competition last year.

There are elements within that school who want rugby and nothing else.

I always think it’s easy to find easy as to why we can’t but limerick gaa has to work harder. It’s clear to be if the school gets going Mungret could turn into a power similar to nap someday.

Would it not make more sense to target the new secondary school in Mungret? Crescent Comp is a dead duck for hurling. Or else try and revitalise it in St. Clements

SMI NCW should be the target school for Harty in West Limerick but I’m not sure the desire is there within the staff to put in the hard yards.

Hard yards?

It means hard work you simpleton grease monkey :rollseyes:

Between yourself and @anon23727452 I’ve enough of lessons dished out for the weekend, can ye stop being stupid just for the weekend please?

Im sorry but what lessons did you dish out?

The correct tense used this time round, you’re learning :clap:

So you didn’t dish out any?

Keep up chump.

You want teachers who are employed to teach subjects to put in the hard yards?
As opposed to clubs themselves & divisional or County Boards?

Really?

2 Likes

Yeah in fairness you’re right, sure what teachers are ever involved in secondary schools gaa in their schools? St. Kierans just throw them out the jerseys before the game, Colmans and Flannans used to do the same, and Ard Scoil Rís nowadays. All of those teams did absolutely no training with the school and if they did it was all done by external (that word means “outside”, as in not working in the school) coaches.

:rollseyes:

HARD YARDS?

Wouldnt be a bad shout with Mungret, Ballybrown, Patrickswell and Kildimo in the catchment area. 2 senior clubs and 2 strong intermediate clubs

Adare too would be miles out of the way. Liberties in the other direction as well.

Fellas were coming from further afield to play for ard scoil over the last few years

You misfortune, you didn’t know what it meant :speak_no_evil:

I think everybody is a bit lost with your post over the last few days.

Imo that isn’t good at all. Too many good players go there and eat too many are lost to the game if they don’t cut it. Mammies love Harty cups and senior cups. I think we need to widen our pool and not narrow it. Target five or six schools county wide.