Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Fixture not on web yet . Got that off a lad from ahane. Interesting to see if the bouncers can follow through on minor successes.

You tune guitars? Some man for stringing.

For legal reasons I cant go into it.

They’ll be strong alright. Quinlan can only benefit from being in with the seniors too.

Should be even enough though, Doon and Mungret will be strong too. The Well should be handy aswell.

1 Like

The game is struggling in the West .

Cheers! They actually all look like they should be decent contests.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this recently. There’s loads of different reasons and I’ve no doubt they’ve been let down by the county board but teams are going to have to start joining up at all levels. Kildimo/pallaskenry is a really good example. They joined up and are a very good premier intermediate side with 2 or 3 in around the limerick panel Over the last few years and a good representation on the underage sides. Not a hope Darren o Connell would be on the bench the other night if he was playing with Pallas in the junior a championship. I understand back west the rivalries are still huge but you some times need to look past that small time attitude for the benefit of the younger generation. It makes developing facilities and fundraising a lot easier as well. A great club like Kileedy that has produced many fine hurlers for limerick and even got to senior finals have zero chance competing with the Super clubs like nap, mungret etc over the next 20- 30 years in my opinions.

Ok. But what 2017 competition did Flanagan play in?

The west senior hurling championship for starters

Thank you.

Game , set and Match mousey.

He played in 2017.

Happy to chair a 3-person committee of posters from outside Limerick (and Munster, if necessary) to formally adjudicate on this dispute.

What are your credentials ?

I see your point but asking aged old rivals to join up is a tough ask. Look at Welsh rugby regions for example, total disaster.

There is no need for wide scale mergers in West Limerick IMO. I don’t think numbers are an issue for a lot of junior A sides. Some field junior B teams as well, quality is definitely a problem alright.
Mergers rarely work out as well as they have done in K/P. Generally they end in acrimony as some side or the other feels slighted.
There are maybe a couple of clubs who could look at merging, but off the top of my head I can’t think of anyone in the West really struggling at the minute for numbers. The West could benefit from more hurling coaches etc, but it doesn’t need anything too drastic. The West will always be weaker for hurling because it’s a football area.
The new grades will be good for teams as well, everyone will have a realistic chance of winning the championship they are in.

1 Like

Around Killeedy hurling is the game. Theres no easy fix but I’d wonder if o meara was playing premier intermediate hurling or senior where his career would be. I’m not suggesting he should leave his club either. It’s a double edged sword but over the next 20-30 years I’d imagine they’ll become more common. It obviously takes a lot of work and bit of a leap of faith.

Just in terms of askeaton anyone hear about willie o meara transferring to kildimo ? Heard it today

Disappointing if true and a huge blow to Askeaton.

Would seriously doubt that. Himself and his brothers backbone the Askeaton and Ballysteen sides.

This notion of lads having to move, like Willie Griffin and Brendan O’Connor did, in order to get going with Limerick, is bollox. If you’re good enough Kiely will pick you. He picked Hego from a Junior A club. O’Meara the same. There are other examples too. The same stuff is going round about Cathal O’Neill and apparently that stuff isn’t without foundation. It’s rubbish. Highly probable that our 2 best and most promising forwards on the Limerick 20s team this year will both be from Junior clubs. Stay at your club and improve them ffs.

1 Like