Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Ray loves a fist pump. Andrew Ormond got a lovely score for Mary I at one stage

1 Like

He was excellent. 1-3 from play. Ray Mac is a gas man to get fired up

I think today will be interesting enough. Diarmuid Brynes will be under pressure for his place as his form has been so so for the last twelve months or so. Today is a good chance for Barry Nash with Hannon alongside him. Huge game for Arron Costello too as we are seriously weak in the full back line. I think Finn is our best full back too and I hope he mails down that place. Casey is good in the corner too.

Footballers In bother.

Hang on to win by one.

1 Like

Mick Neville Park is turning into a fortress.

1 Like

Donovan done brilliantly there. Flanagan connects with hannon and sets up Dempsey who fluffs his lines. Flanagan offers so much to our attack.

Anyone at it?

Does not sound that great

Good match…good intensity for Feb hurling

Unreal win. Have the bunting up at home. Recorded at home now for the first five or six views before I can say anything concrete about the match

6 Likes

Over 14,000 mate

Joe Canning is box office

2 Likes

I’ve only be able to watch it twice this evening, taking annual leave tomorrow to fit in a few views.

Record crowd for Mick Neville

The crowd is still trying to get out of it

They got the stand built

Adrian breen broke a bone in his foot

There was one match in the Premier U-21 Hurling Championship at the weekend, the rest are on tomorrow night. To me, it definitely looks like the 8 best teams are in the Premier and I don’t know if there is a standout side.

Garryspillane are probably favourites having won the Premier Minor in both 2017 & 2018 and have a great crop but there will be a certain amount of pressure on them too! Mungret have been continuously strong at underage, were beaten minor in finalists in 2017 and this is probably their best crop. Doon were last year’s U-21 champions and will have a lot of players still underage and were Premier Minor finalists last year. Ballybrown didn’t even play Premier Minor in 2017 but were the team who beat Doon last year- a young team, but again, very promising.

Patrickswell were beaten minor finalists in 2018, Na Piarsaigh were beaten U-21 finalists last year and would both fancy their chances of winning it outright this year too. It probably leaves Ahane & Kilmallock as outsiders but Kilmallock have some very good players if they can get them all playing, not many of them have made the step up to senior yet; while Ahane have as good a crop as they’ve had in a long team.

Some of the standout players we might see over the next few weeks:

Ahane
Ciaran Barry (very good defender, full-back for the Limerick 20s last year, played Fitzgibbon for UL this year)
William Brennan (nice tidy hurler, scored a couple of big goals for Ahane seniors this year)
Cian Casey (transferred from Claughaun last year; was a 2-year Limerick minor, now eligible for Ahane seniors too)
Ronan Fox (big, strong, athletic midfielder, very good at carrying the ball; will be a big player for Ahane again this year)
Padraig Hartnett (old-style dogged full-back, very tenacious)
Dan Minihan (superb wing-back, was a massive loss for the Limerick 20s last year through injury)
Adam Murrihy (I really like this fella; think he’s still minor again this year but has lovely balance & control)

Ballybrown
Colin Coughlan (Limerick minor 2 years in a row, just reads the game so well; definitely has a touch of class about him)
Aidan O’Connor (was unreal for the Ballybrown & Limerick minors in 2019, just takes his scores so naturally)
Barry O’Connor (was a Limerick minor in 2019, got some senior gametime with Ballybrown last year but will be looking to kick on again this year)
Luke O’Connor (another very talented young fella, will likely be a key player for the Limerick minors this year)
Conor O’Neill (was the captain of the Ballybrown county-winning minors last year, was on the Limerick minors in 2018, I think)
Josh O’Reilly (I know Cian Hedderman is still fairly young but I saw this fella in goals a couple of times and was very impressed; still very young)
Ned Quinn (a tough full-back, could be a starter for the Limerick minors this year)

Doon
Chris Berkery (stood out for the Doon 21s who won the county last year although don’t think he’s made the step up to senior just yet)
Adam English ( touch of Graeme Mulcahy about him; ridiculously good in the air for his size, tough as nails, will be the star man for the Limerick minors this year imo)
Mikey O’Brien (centre-back on the Doon seniors, was a Limerick senior, he’ll stand out at this level)
Bob Purcell (a big, big man and a deadly accurate shooter; so hard to mark)
Cormac Ryan (just a lovely skilful hurler in almost every position)
Jack Ryan (started for the Limerick 20s last year and is still underage this year, has been a regular for Doon; has lovely wrists, good work rate too)
Eddie Stokes (came into the Limerick minor team last year and made a big impact; covers huge amounts of ground from half-forward, very good at carrying the ball)

Garryspillane
Bryan Heavey (has been a goalkeeper on Limerick teams, but has played out the field at times for Garryspillane)
Eoin O’Mahony (ridiculously good athlete, dual player)
Dylan O’Shea (one of the most naturally talented players you’ll see, has racked up ridiculous tallies in underage club & schools hurling)
Mark Quinlan (now a Limerick senior hurler, tough as nails, a proper back)
Calum Sheehan (scored the Bouncers’ two goals when they won the Premier Intermediate title in 2018, a very lively forward)
Eoinsie Sheehan (has been one of the most prolific goalscorers in Limerick club hurling over the past three seasons)
Ryan Tobin (not the biggest in stature but has lovely footwork, balance, control; just an excellent hurler)

Mungret
Louis Dee (an excellent shot stopper, could see him be the Mungret adult goalkeeper this year)
Rory Duff (really stood up for the Limerick 20s last year; very athletic, excellent at carrying the ball)
Conor Flahive (a tidy hurler, been a regular corner-back on Limerick sides all the way up)
Conor Helewell (an absolute monster of a young fella, would have always been a wing-back, Mungret moved him up to half-forward last year and he came away with a good few goals)
Chams Jagana (a slightly unorthodox soloing style, but loads of power and pace to burn, impossible to stop once he gets going)
Liam Lynch (will be a nice addition for the Mungret Premier Intermediates this year)
Paul O’Brien (the key forward for Mungret’s adult team; frees, sidelines, scores from play; he’ll be scorer in chief)

Kilmallock
Gearoid Barry (despite his youth and being surrounded by older fellas, I thought he was very impressive for the Kilmallock juniors last year on their way to the county title)
Liam English
Andrew Finn (both Finn & English were very talented underage but I actually haven’t seen much of them recently)
Conor Hanley Clarke (Davy Clarke’s young fella, a lovely striker of the ball)
Dylan O’Brien (looks like he has a light frame but very good to carry the ball through contact)
Paudie O’Connor (a big, strong centre-back, mops up some amount of ball)
David Woulfe (was one of the standouts of the Limerick minors in 2016, I remember him shooting the lights out when Kilmallock won the U-21 a couple of years ago; hasn’t really kicked on at senior level yet, was on the county-winning Junior team last year)

Na Piarsaigh
Jerome Boylan (now a Limerick senior; has had a difficult time with injuries, but is just an excellent all-round player)
Padraic Heaney (stood up for the NaP Intermediates last year, a good strong back)
Sean Long (a really good long-range shooter, will pick off scorers from midfield all day)
Reuben McCarthy (a very pacy corner-forward; was with the Limerick 20s footballers last year; his directness always causes problems)
Emmet McEvoy (Limerick minor centre-back in 2018, Limerick U-20 wing-forward last year; could very easily play senior for Na Piarsaigh this year; lovely hurler)
Adam McNamara (another very pacy player, he caused havoc for their U-21s last year from wing-forward; one of those you almost have to foul)
Lucas O’Sullivan (very strong under a high ball; if he’s in wing-back, he’ll fancy his chances against any forward in this Championship)

Patrickswell
Adam Carrig (always one of their strongest players coming up along, was on Limerick panels too, well able to take a score)
Calvin Carroll (exploded on the scene with the Patrickswell seniors in 2018 when he scored 5 points in a county semi-final
Josh Considine (Limerick senior midfielder, he should dominate at this level; just does the basics so well and is a serious athlete to boot; scored the crucial goal in the senior county final this year)
Jason Gillane (now a Limerick senior goalkeeper; he’ll probably be outfield for the Well- monster puckout, very accurate shooter)
John Kirby (Gary’s younger son, will start for the Limerick minors this year)
Patrick Kirby (will be a massive addition for the Patrickswell seniors: his ability to weave through defences at pace and pick off scores is some asset)
Paudie Maher (came into the Well senior team last year, did very well at wing-back; looked comfortable against some top forwards)

25 Likes

Top class report pal :+1:t2:

‘Chams Jagana‘

Not a name I was expecting to see, there’ll be plenty more like this over the next decade.