Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

@bandage

A small edit to that, pal. Kilmallock v Na Piarsaigh is gone to next Saturday in MNP at 1.30.

1 Like

Mungret’s Liam Lynch will be ineligible for their Prem Intermediate team this year because he’s still U17, still a Limerick Minor

Informative rating.

I feel like I probably should have known that, possibly even did note it previously.

Could ahane or ballybrown rattle the big 4 in limerick in a few years?

No

2 Likes

Why not?

Quality isn’t there and won’t be there for quite a while.

Doon are best placed to break their duck within the next 5 years and could go on to win a few. Have some very good underage hurlers coming through over the next 5 to 6 years.

I used to work with Louis Dee’s father.

1 Like

Some knowledge. Have you ever done any journalism?

2 Likes

There’s more information there than a years worth of Limerick Leader articles.

13 Likes

Dont set me off :grinning:

Briefly.

Didn’t care for it. I’m too self-indulgent, I don’t like editing.

Sean Finn was very good again on Sunday. I think he should be our number three going forward. Mike Casey hasn’t really done much wrong but he has a tendency to pick up a few injuries albeit he’d a great run for eighteen months or so. Barry Nash will need to improve a lot to make the championship side. He does some really stupid stuff you simply can’t do at this level. I still think Byrnes is playing poorly for a while now and we could do with fellas putting their hands up here. Hannon is a joy to watch strike a ball. I’m not sure DOD should have been mom but he done well. WOD or Hego was Mom for me. We’ve three really good options here and it seems unlikely Kiely will experiment with Lynch in the half forward line. Dowling, Hayes and Casey being out means Dempsey, Reidy and Flanagan are getting their chances. Being brutally honest I can’t see reidy or Dempsey really breaking into the starting fifteen come championship. Flanagan was disappointing I felt. His touch was miles off. As I said before I’ve little interest in playing well now and wouldn’t read much into it. In fact I can’t see a gaa team keeping up good form from January till August. It’s really tough. What I’m hoping for is fellas to put their hands up and break into the starting fifteen and improve the side. At this stage I still think we are looking at the same fifteen from last year bar maybe Nash. Depth wise I think 2 to 7 we aren’t as strong as people think.

1 Like

Unreal analysis there @Aristotle

1 Like

I would agree with you regarding Nash. He shows too much of the sliotar to the opponent, runs up some blind alleys and gets caught in possession too many times. All of which not conducive to half back play. I’m not sure these failings can be coached out of fella.

It’s a pity as his pace is a benefit as none of our other six backs are blessed with pace despite a good positional sense. Teams will definitely try and create a gap between our full back line and half back line and try run at us. Hopefully he improves but it’s probably time to shit or get off the pot now.

With those two wins Limerick are into the playoffs… I’d play Nash all league long , set him the task of fixing decision making bit by bit… His pace is a huge asset

Thought Limerick were only middling yesterday.

What happened hannon , ?