Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Any dates yet for the first rounds of the club championship?

I think the second week in April

I think they normally play a round of club football in the last weekend of March.

1 Like

When is the league final for division four? Pretty sure the hurling final is that weekend.

Hurling:
Round 1 weekend of April 10
Round 2 weekend of April 17

3 Likes

Weekend of 4th April - Football
11th April - Hurling
18th April - Hurling
25th - Football - Senior Hurlers warm weather training camp to Barbados.

3 Likes

Think they’re setting up a Junior B Football team so they’ll have full access to their players. They’d have had 3 or 4 starters anyway. Hannigan, the O’Gormans, couple of others there or thereabouts.

Basically setting up a Jnr B team with absolutely no interest in training for football, no way of being promoted up to Jnr A as there’s no teams going up in 2020, I’m sure that’ll go down beautifully with the Feenagh boys who were playing Senior Football with Drom/Broadford. There’ll be absolutely no ill feeling there at all I’d say…

Do the Drom lads have to go back to them?

I don’t believe so. I’m open to correction but is there not more lax transfer laws for junior b teams to senior clubs? Haven’t the transfer deadlines already passed? I’m also not sure if you are playing with a team legally you can be forced to Change to a new team.

It depends on the type of transfer you get, but they’ve been there a few years now. Not sure if that changes things

As they were still hurling with Feenagh they would have been playing with Drom under what is called “permission to play”. Its different to a transfer and has to be sanctioned on a yearly basis.

2 Likes

Ah yes I didn’t realise they are hurling with feenagh.

They’re senior grade players though which may make a difference?? :man_shrugging:

That’s rumoured to be a bye law but I dont think it actually is. It was possibly in place at one stage in the past.

Ah right!

To the best of my knowledge, @TreatyStones is correct and that permission to play have to be renewed yearly, regardless of how long you’ve been playing with the other club.

Although, I’m not sure whether that applies to the “sister clubs”- Doon/Oola, Mountcollins/Tournafulla, Askeaton/Ballysteen, Ballylanders/Glenroe, Galbally/Garryspillane etc. I presume it does.

As to this specific situation; if it was done without consulting those players at all, could cause a bit of resentment alright.

Askeaton & Ballysteen are the one parish. When in the not too distant past both Askeaton and Ballysteen fielded football teams then the players could freely swap between the clubs by virtue of the parish rule.

2 Likes

Of course, that’s true. And Tournafulla & Mountcollins are also one parish if I’m not mistaken. Not sure about the others I mentioned.

I’m fairly sure that Darragh Kennedy has to get a yearly renewal for his permission to play football for Monaleen, for example.

Doon/oola is the one parish isn’t it?