Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I thought I read on here that Ciaran Carey was gone???

Negotiation position. P’well ponied up with the €€€ to get him to stay

Is it on tomorrow?

Fixed for 2 o clock.

Is it not supposed to be bad all night though? Hard to see the pitch improving much.

Pitch prob is playable, possibly down to supporters welfare’s travelling

High bar

Match off today in GG

Limerick supporters being treated like shit with this postponement business. When is this match on? How’re they going to reschedule the remainder of the league? A joke this fear of the wind and rain. On the 3 cancellations so far there wasn’t one of them with any justification. The evening of the 8th the game should have went ahead and the following Saturday plus the day after that. Just not good enough. Limerick city got off lightly in comparison to other parts of the country weatherwise. Are we a shower of scours here? Afraid of a bit of water? Were the county board officials afraid? Was it the refs? The lines men? The umpires? Were they afraid of the rain and refused to turn up? Certainly not the genuine supporters. Supporters are being let down.

Tis only the league kid . Chill the beans .

Anyone have any idea of what the Limerick 20s football team for Wednesday night will be? I know they played some league matches but didn’t hear any teams; I wouldn’t have a huge knowledge of these players.

Young Molyneaux from Drom/Broadford is a lovely footballer; he’s probably the best of the ones I’ve seen.

Maybe something along the lines of:

???
Bradshaw Carew Garvey
Foley Shanagher Barry
Kennedy O’Mahony
O’Brien Coleman Hayes
Cummins Molyneaux Nix

Afaik, both last year’s goalkeepers Cian Walsh & Jamie Hickey are both underage, but neither are on the panel. Kevin Walsh is playing soccer, I believe, so I don’t know who’ll be in goal.

You’d have to think Mark Quinlan will be a big loss; and Cathal Downes would have been a serious addition too. Still, some nice players there. Shane O’Donoghue from last year’s minors could be an option in attack too but that full-forward line actually looks very threatening.

We’re the topdogs now champ. Move move move, that’s so essential now. Stagnating and waiting for a break in the weather is not good enough. The league is vital. This “tis only the league” was never the real truth nor will it ever be again. When you’re on top every match is of vital importance, every second on the field is of vital importance, every second.

This is the new era of Limerick hurling. New attitudes and approach to the game from now on. Weather should not bother us, we should be thriving in those conditions.

1 Like

Monsoons and sweltering heat.

They’ve done it all before.

Cian shorten started in goals for the footballers against Galway. Not sure what age he is.

Really?

He’s about the same age as myself, I definitely played soccer against him underage. Maybe 26?

Pretty sure he was on the bench for the Carlow game as well.

Heard he was on the panel as 3rd goalkeeper alright. No offence to the two lads but the backup goalkeeper situation is farcical.

Jeffery Alfred from Adare must be an RIC descendant.