Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I was in no form for entertaining that lad yesterday

2 Likes

I had a quick look through the Leader, they only had match reports on the Senior & Premier Intermediate matches which was a little disappointing.

Some good scoring from certain players though:

Aaron Gillane 2-4 from play (2-6 in total)
David Breen (Dromin/Athlacca) 2-3
Andrew Cliffe 1-5 from play (2-11 in total)
Kevin Palmer 2-2
Willie Griffin 0-7 from play (0-14 in total)
Graeme Mulcahy 1-4
Kyle Hayes 0-6
Adrian Breen 1-2
Kevin O’Brien 1-2
Brian O’Connell 1-2
Darren O’Connell 1-2

Colin Malachy scored 0-15 in total, think 5 or 6 were from play. Cathal O’Neill & Brian O’Grady got a good few scores too.

2 Likes

Half-time: Adare 0-12 Doon 0-11. Doon had looked the better side but Adare finished the stronger and nailed a few frees.

DOD very good, Simon excellent, Sweeney in midfield for Adare very good.

2 Likes

Doon seemed to be pushing away when they went 4 up but Adare have been the better team simce

What’s the quality like online?

can’t get in

2 Likes

Draw. Willie Griffin had a tough chance to win it in extra time and shat it.

1 Like

I found it decent only issue was my Internet went before ht

1 Like

Are Adare gone?

No still doing a warm down

6 Likes

Need the Well to beat Doon by 8+ pts

1 Like

Possible

1 Like

As good as. THey need the Well to beat Doon by more than six next week.

1 Like

It’s not totally impossible.

No and I’d say the Well would rather Doon out as well

5 Likes

was surprised to see the PIHC games covered, as they’ve only done the top grade in the last few years. Good going from Breen. What age is Palmer? Liked the look of him at the edge of the square.

Leave them in. They won’t win it anyway.

Breen is a very lively hurler, always a threat over the past few years.

I’m a big fan of Palmer too, as good a ballwinner as there is around. Not a whole pile in the legs but he’s smart out and a player that stands up when they need him. I’d say he’s 27/28.

Is Breen only 23 or 24 is he? I can’t put an age on him. I don’t think he played much with Limerick Underage? Someone told me he didn’t have the same interest at the time as he was does now. Saw him hurling a few times, he is a very good player, big and strong, really quick and well able to take a score. Often thought he might catch Kielys eye, similar in style to ye’re own Darren O’Connell and Adrian Breen. Like, I think he’s probably better than Conor Boylan for example

Small rural clubs like kilmallock are parochial in the extreme. This serves them well in the odd home game against the more cultured urban clubs who are not quite exotic enough to have them reaching for the forelock, so they go deliverance rather than thady o toole over it, but once they are dragged out of their rural squalor to face a proper urban modern contemporary club, based in a settlement of over a couple of hundred houses, they just want to go back to their pigs and chickens. Deep down, they just want their dystopian nightmare to be over.