Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Rugby school playing townies opinions on hurling not relevant or welcome. I’d say you never saw a Hurley in your life until you saw one hanging up in some Oirish bar in Salford.

2 Likes

I think he’s the same age as Darren, so 23? I don’t remember him being involved much with Limerick underage.

He’s a very lively inside forward, regularly racks up decent tallies, nice step too. We’ve played them a good few times in recent years and he’s always the main outlet inside that you’d be looking to stop service going to.

Don’t know if Kiely is interested, I wouldn’t see him as a competitor with Boylan though who is there for his athleticism and is for a very specific half-forward role in which you have to be up and down the pitch constantly. Breen wouldn’t be able to do that so and would be more similar to, as you say, Adrian Breen & DOC.

The finish by Brendan O’Connor for the goal last night was unreal. Over his head on the turn in a very tight space.

Another really good game to watch, ebbed and flowed, plenty of intensity and both sides had chances to win it.

DOD was really good for Doon, his positioning and awareness of space is absolutely top class. Stepped up in a scoring sense too, nailed a sideline and a monster free from his own '45 to put them into the lead after they had been 5 down. Pat Simon had an excellent first half, scored a great point in the second half but took on two shots at the end when if he had looked for the pass, maybe they would have won.

Jack Bug hit 0-4 from play. Dinny Moloney had a great first half but was guilty of wasting possession a lot in the second half. I really rate Tommy Hayes, think he’s really really good in defence.

For Adare, Ronan Connolly was probably the most impressive, mopped up a lot of ball and used it well, much like DOD at the other end. John Fitzgibbon hit a couple of nice points as well as a good few wides, but nailed the '65 to level it. Willie wasn’t quite at the level of the week before and missed a (difficult) chance to win it. Hannon was also quieter and probably should have stuck a goal in injury time after the ball came back off the crossbar but looked for a pass instead. Brendan O’Connor was very effective, that Joe Sweeney in midfield got through a lot of work aswell.

2 Likes

Doon won’t be far off beating the well I reckon. In gaa across the board the preparation is awful and the team with a game under their belt invariably performs extremely well. Cork being hammered by tipp before beating an under cooked limerick the following week springs to mind. Adare had a massive advantage last night. Doon will improve significantly for the run.

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
The one armed waiter is out of the bed

1 Like

Who does this breen lad play for?

https://tfk.thefreekick.com/t/limerick-gaa-ireland-s-premier-club-hurling-championship/28831/8198?u=habanerocat

Thanks.

@CillDioma are you heading to the KP match?

Lyons of Limerick Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship.

Bruff 2-18 Dromin-Athlacca 1-16 (FT)

Kildimo-Pallaskenry 1-16 Cappamore 0-10 (FT)

2 Likes

Not always pretty but a win is a win. Kept them to just a point from play.

Two defeats in a week for D/A, very disappointing for them.

Yeah, I never really expected them to beat Bruff tbh, who I would have as one of the outright favourites. Glenroe was probably the match to win. I think they’ll be up against it against Knockainey too, could be in a relegation play-off.

Not under it though

Very hard to see NaP not winning but hopefully Ahane give it a good rattle anyway.

James O’Brien & Kieran Kennedy both starting for NaP.

At the water break: Na Piarsaigh 0-8 Ahane 0-4.

Ahane wasted a few chances, and you know they need to be clinical. Moran scored a nice point but looks like he’s really struggling for legs, lost a couple of balls when he had a 5m headstart.

Na Piarsaigh started very well and were delivering some nice ball inside; forced Adam O’Brien into a really good save too. They do look like they have that extra bit of class although has broken down a couple of times.

HT: Na Piarsaigh 1-13 Ahane 0-5

A goal by Adrian Breen and then the red card for Jeff Enright just before half-time has killed this as a contest.

Total dominance on the Ahane puckout before that, winning every break and delivering nice ball to the forwards- Dempsey, Henn & Breen look threatening. Casey has probably been the quietest, surprisingly, although it was the challenge on him that drew the red.

It was definitely hard, very hard to tell on first glance whether it was deserving of a red but it was a big, heavy hit.

How are the two Morrisseys doing?

Dan is mopping up ball when it comes near him but Na Piarsaigh avoiding him mostly. Tom has been quiet.

FT: Na Piarsaigh 2-23 Ahane 0-9

Shit second half between the red card, conditions and the constant blowing of the fucking whistle. Will Henn got the second goal. Ahane heads completely dropped, Tom missed 4 or 5 frees aswell.

1 Like

Was Jonny reffing it?