“Ah-haaa-n” said all in one go is how to pronounce it

On that very matter is it

“Lurra-Durra” or “Lurrha Durrha” for Bonnar Mahers club

1 Like

Just Lorrha.

2 Likes

The Spuds are boiling

4 Likes

Are they seriously showing Kilmallock and Ahane on TV next week? What’s the point of that…it will be a turkey shoot

Hon Limerick!

But we’re box office . Isn’t it a double header?

There must be fuck all else on.

1 Like

Doon vs Patrickswell is surely on. But agreed, you’d be better off showing a Senior B or Premier Intermediate game that would at least be competitive.

5 Likes

The lads from the small clubs are seething.

RTE are showing the box office traditional clubs : Ahane , Glen Rovers , Saint Finbarrs . These clubs resonate with joe public . Thurles Sar & Mount Sion will surely get a viewing too

Do you think anyone up in RTE actually knows this is going to be a turkey shoot?

Same as the Cork game shown on Friday night. They should have went with the Midleton-Sars game.

I’m sure some fuckwit like Canning or Cahill is picking the games as they can say such a club was a powerhouse in the 70s.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t be that hard to find out.

I’m not actually suggesting that they show a lower tier match but neutrals would prefer to watch competitive matches. I’m sure it would take no more than 5 minutes to put in a phonecall or two to find out what is likely to be a competitive match on that day.

1 Like

Or log onto Paddy Power.

1 Like

The GAA live this weekend had a pretty unique situation where the current year’s all Ireland senior club winners played the current year’s intermediate club winners in both football and hurling in their respective county championships .

The football was a turkey shoot but the hurling was a draw .

1 Like

Cahill would have Cuala on tbf

2 Likes

In fairness, the games were picked ahead of Ahane being in action. The Spud boilers were somewhat competitive in this fixture last seasons qf…

Also, people will get to see Mulcahy, both morrisseys, whereas Monaleen v Murroe would feature no name known nationally really. All these are factors. Better than the years of no coverage of our county final we had for years.

I see patrickswells lar considine is playing for intermediate club eire og in cork. Strange move.

Is he teaching down that way?

Great hurler, must be pushing on now.