Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

So you want everyone else except adult club players be allowed to play?

1 Like

There’s always a bigger picture than our chance of winning the all ireland.

The clubs are the heart beat of the organisation.

If the gaa took a stance and said no games until a minimum of 500 people at games the government would have folded weeks ago.

1 Like

I’m not so sure on that. Most clubs would have a sale of work most years and then a bigger event like Boxing, Dancing, Lip Sync every second year to keep afloat.

Sponsorship is important too. Every little helps.

To pay for major developments a lot of clubs are literally going around to houses looking for people to make generous donations. Farmers especially would be expected to cough up 4 figure sums.

On this year, costs for every club fell significantly so clubs can absorb the losses better.

1 Like

Or more likely Breda and Mary on Facebook would be disgusted with the Grab All Association for trying to blackmail the government to allow them to make the most money possible

1 Like

He hasn’t a fucking monkeys about club gaa. His club have a magical money tree. They don’t run fundraisers.

Maybe we do things differently so. We have the lotto and a golf classic every year and the club’s books have never been better and then a bigger fundraiser every 4 or 5 years if we need the money for a development

Brenda and Mary types are always gaa fans. They would welcome it.

I never said that. Maybe the clubs you obviously know so well wouldn’t need so many fundraisers if they weren’t paying managers €120 a night as you so often mention

What do you think the average cost of running a club with a senior hurling team in tipp is?

1 Like

Everyone I know involved is absolutely delighted with the structure and how it’s going

Depends completely on whether the manager is getting paid. The vast majority of them don’t do a big fundraiser every year in order to stay afloat though

That’s because most people look at the here and now. Not what’s coming down the line.

What’s coming down the line?

Mystic fuckin Meh.
More like a screaming Mary.

1 Like

Very sad news coming out of adare gaa tonight. Puts everything into perspective.

Accident covid or the black dog? Terrible news for a young man

Didn’t hear to be honest but I don’t think it was COVID anyway. RIP.

1 Like

No, he had a long term illness. Rip.

3 Likes

Has anyone heard of a player getting the virus from an on field altercation?