Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

The vast majority of clubs don’t have a club sponsor mate. They have companies that would have given them jerseys or something once upon a time but it’s not like they’re paying for the sliotars.

The clubs don’t and never did get the proceeds from matches mate. You are really clueless

1 Like

I’m not saying they did.

I’m saying given nearly all traditional fundraisers won’t be going ahead Anytime soon so something should have been done to help them out. Gate receipts are the obvious one.

Clubs do fundraisers for specific things mate, like a stand or a redevelopment of some kind. They don’t do fundraisers just to be able to stay going

No club is going to go broke because of the 200 person limit. The proceeds from tickets going directly to clubs is a nice thought but divisional boards especially need money too

Would you stop encouraging them.
There are some lads who have the answer for everything but probably never got off their arses to play or support their local teams. Lads saying how parents at Bord na Nog should be allowed to attend games. Whos fuckin stopping them, I’ve been to a ton of games where the sidelines are full of parents. You’d swear the GAA were sending out lads hunting parents away.

2 Likes

Most of those games have 20 people at them in normal times

2 Likes

Senior and intermediate adult games are the only place where I’ve seen the restrictions taken seriously in Tipp anyway. Plenty of games for people to go and see if they wish

1 Like

The divisional boards are rotten with money ffs. What planet are you on at all. Clubs don’t have sponsors. Clubs don’t fundraise to keep afloat :joy:

As a club player myself who plays in front of relatively small crowds normally it would be very frustrating if the club championships weren’t completed. As much as I enjoy watching Inter-County, it can wait until after club for this year at least.

The inter county will surely be cancelled and rightly so.

I’m from the planet that actually knows what’s going on in clubs mate. Outside the super clubs, sponsors are not a regular part of clubs, they’re there for jerseys and gear and stuff like that once in a while. What clubs do big fundraisers just to keep afloat mate?

Be a pity but it’s looking like it could end up that way alright. All-Ireland finals in December would have been a novelty for one year.

Money raised from fundraisers is used to run a club you idiot.

Your club must have trees with Money growing on them.

It’s exactly what the gaa deserve.

Money raised from fundraisers is for specific things. Taking out the lotto obviously which is back a while in every club I’d imagine. No club has a big fundraiser just so they can stay afloat for the year

You must be one of these fellas going around fleecing clubs for a 150 euro night laying out a few cones or something.

You of course are also forgetting the hundreds of underage games which have been held with no restrictions on crowd sizes that anyone who was stuck for a game to watch could go to.

2 Likes

Clubs never got that money before so not missing it. Club are struggling with the big fundraisers but many have a lotto/spit the pot going on for years. These have slightly affected but most are online now with a yearly sub(how i do mine) or sell tickets in local shops, these are usually the biggest income. Cluns can set up go fund mes if they are really struggling again everyone in the community will pitch in to help im sure. County boards and Croke park won’t let clubs fold due to this I’m sure they will put supports in place. None of that is stopping championships happening. Its shit not having a crowd but better than nothing

2 Likes

Huh? You’re the one who thinks clubs need hundreds of thousands in order to operate apparently

I’ve no issue with underage club games.

Ah I wouldn’t get drawn too much into that way of thinking. Be a pity for the likes of Limerick who have a genuine chance of winning another All-Ireland.