Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Few lads were bigging up Jamie wall as coach a month ago and had a total meltdown when I didn’t know who he was. He’d want to log off twitter and spend more time coaching. Killmallock fucked that away

The short game is no good for us.

When you have Graeme Mulcahy and Oisin O’Reilly inside, you move the ball into them as quickly as possible.

The short game is good at times but not to the detriment of getting those boys the ball.

1 Like

Exactly. You can’t do the short game right with club players.

1 Like

Looks like we’ll be in a quarter final. Get a bit of momentum and catch one of the big boys by surprise in a semi final.

Ballybrown 2-22 Garryspillane 1-16.

Not a bad game of ball at all, slightly spoiled by a strong breeze blowing towards the clubhouse goal. BB made good use of it in the 1st half and made good use of their possession too. 15 points and only 2 wides. No Alan O’Connor so Andrew Cliffe was on the frees and nailed nearly all of them. Stevie O’Reilly moved out to midfield and did very well.

Bouncers made a run at the start of the second half and brought it back to 15-11 before BB scored. Dylan O’Shea (a terrific prospect and smart hurler) buried a penalty and hit the crossbar with a second one after Donie was brought back for advantage after being fouled while throwing the ball into the net.

Two quickfire BB goals killed the game, the second of them an absolute cracker from Shane Kenny. Be a hell of a scrap for survival between the Bouncers and Knockainey now.

3 Likes

Apparently there was a team meeting Monday night. You may have fucked it away tonight, but at least there was a response. I thought the Well would just have too much for ye going on the form of both teams but a bright start was something ye needed after last week’s result.

Ye probably do have a few hurlers who can pull off the short game in the backs but as the conditions get worse, it’s going to get easier and easier for opposition forwards to shut it down.

But if I was over Kilmallock, I’d put those two boys inside, pull the half-forward line deep and make hay.

2 Likes
1 Like

We’ll always lift it for the Well. Presume we had a breeze in the first half?

Another one wrong for me tonight, I thought the Bouncers would be better than that.

Shane Kenny full-forward again? What happened with the second goal, misplaced puckout?

How was Tobin?

So it’s Garrypsillane vs Knockainey in two weeks? That’ll be an absolute cracker, must try and go to that,

I’m not sure what game you were watching. Killmallock were 5 up and a man up with 20 to go. I’d say they scored one point after the sending off.

I didn’t make any comment on tonight’s game, I wasn’t at it!

1 Like

Sorry you described it as some sort of response. If anything it was a worse performance. Nap are 15 points better than these teams on this form.

Nah, the second goal was a long ball from out the field that Kenny caught going away from goal, swiveled and and buried it in the roof of the opposite corner. First one was a lobbed over from the side and was batted in. Possible square ball, but Eamonn Stapleton checked with the umpires and it stood.

Tobin was ok but looked a little lightweight at this level yet. Plenty potential and time ahead of him, though. O’Shea was the pick of them. Colin Ryan was decent going up the field but was caught defensively quite a bit.

1 Like

Rumors around litgg tonight that mr o Connor won’t be the only member of the management team stepping aside.

How was Stapleton actually? I’d rate him as the best ref in the county right now.

Kenny was very lively last week too, a good oul hurler in fairness to him.

I broke this months ago

He was grand. Not a bad pull in it, in fairness. Only two yellows (one each) in a game that many, myself included, thought could be tasty. He could do with being a little clearer, and more deliberate in his signals. He generally gets the calls right but tends to gesture very quickly, which can draw the ire of the crowd when they don’t know why a free has been given.

1 Like

Crazy playing kilmalock and patrickswell in gaelic grounds. Why not play it in bruff. Bigger crowd, better atmosphere.

Lights