Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Could throw in at 7 surely.

He’s an awful bollocks on Twitter I hate to say it. He does seem like a lovely fella in person but he needs to calm down on Twitter

I’m always wary of these lads who live on twitter. Empty vessels and all that. Nothing against the lad, I don’t know him personally but seeking validation on social media is not a good starting point when you are involved as a coach etc.

All about the likes and retweets, innit.

When you’re bound to a wheelchair you probably have a bit more time on your hands

1 Like

Totally agree, bad for the mind twitter is.

It rots the soul from within

1 Like

Some fellas dont have an ounce of empathy or tact ffs

Joke alright. Nothing worse than playing club games in empty stadiums

Home game for us shure

Just play the county final in Gaelic grounds. Semis in bruff or kilmalock.

2/4 on tonight’s games, another draw and the one I predicted a draw in ended up a bit of a hammering. Bouncers in trouble now, there’ll be no timber spared in what will effectively be a relegation play-off against Knockainey. As for the rest of the weekend

Senior Hurling Championship Group 1
Saturday August 17
Adare (3/1) vs Na Piarsaigh (1/4) @7pm in Mungret

Senior Hurling Championship Group 2
Saturday August 17
Ahane (2/7) vs Knockainey (3/1) @3pm in Caherconlish
Monaleen (5/6) vs Murroe/Boher (11/10) @6pm in Cappamore

In Group 1, Na Piarsaigh will beat Adare. They gave Kilmallock an unmerciful hammering and although apparently Adare were alright last week, they still couldn’t beat a Barry Murphy-less Doon. There is no indication that this will be anything other than a comfortable win for Na Piarsaigh. But they’ll stay in this group, as Liberties go back down. Hopefully next year’s contenders can put up a bit more of a fight.

In the second group, Murroe/Boher have drawn 3 from 3 but Monaleen are top. Maybe there are warning signs for Monaleen after only scraping past Knockainey by a point and drawing with Garryspillane (with Ballybrown beating both those sides comfortably), but Murroe/Boher drew with both and Ballybrown also. Ballybrown weren’t able to handle Sean Tobin and I feel like Monaleen are better equipped to marshal him. I’m going to tip them to edge it. Ahane have got a couple of great wins and Knockainey, as ever, are fighting for their lives. If Knockainey could limit Tom Morrissey, they’ll go a long way but do they have enough firepower of their own? Dan Morrissey has been pushed up to give Tom assistance and I suppose you’d have to tip Ahane.

Either way, it’s going to be Garryspillane vs Knockainey for relegation in two week’s time.

Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship
Saturday August 17
Blackrock (1/3) vs Cappamore (5/2) @6pm in Kilteely
Bruree (5/4) vs Mungret (4/6) @6pm in the Bog Garden
Dromin/Athlacca (1/2) vs Pallasgreen (6/4) @6pm in Hospital
Bruff (11/10) vs Kildimo/Pallaskenry (5/6) @6.30pm in Claughaun

All 4 of these matches are on Saturday evening at the same time which is a pity really. It’s really heating up now, a very interesting round of fixtures. Blackrock & Cappamore both got first wins in the last round, and Blackrock are arguably the form side with a superb league behind them and just playing very well. Cappamore had an awful start but have players back and battled to victory over their neighbours, Pallasgreen. But you’d have to tip Blackrock to win based on their performance in the last couple of games, really coming into their own under Quilty and they probably need every win to make sure they go through.

Mungret have now lost two on the bounce and are actually level with Bruree, who are unbeaten since Round 1. But Bruree lack free-scoring forwards and haven’t been able to put teams away. Mungret gave them an awful hammering in the corresponding fixture last year but don’t seem to be at the same level. Bruree are physically a lot stronger than Mungret, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat them but I’m going to go for Mungret to have too much in their forwards.

Dromin/Athlacca weren’t great against Bruree, some excellent shooting from David Reidy in the final few minutes salvaged a point. I think they have Peter Ryan back this week. Pallasgreen are now fighting for their lives and I wouldn’t ever like to play a desperate Pallasgreen side. On form, you’d have to go for Dromin/Athlacca but Pallasgreen have the ability to grind out results. Tough one, wouldn’t be surprised with another draw.

Top two, ourselves & Bruff, play in Claughaun. 2-18 apiece last year, should be another very good game.

Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 1
Saturday August 17
Croom (1/3) vs Knockaderry (9/4) @6pm in Ballingarry

Sunday August 18
Na Piarsaigh (2/5) vs Tournafulla (2/1) @12.30pm in Newcastlewest
Feohanagh (4/9) vs Newcastlewest (2/1) @1pm in Knockaderry

I think Croom are confirmed to make the quarter-final already, and a win here would even ensure that that is a semi-final spot with a game to play. Knockaderry’s loss to NCW means they are now in danger of a relegation play-off (but also still in with a shout of a quarter-final). Croom won this comfortably enough last year and it would seem as if that will happen again tomorrow.

Two matches on Sunday, both before the All-Ireland. Tour had a great win over Knockaderry but other results mean they’ll probably need another win. NaP suffered a first loss to Croom, but should still have too much for Tour. Feohanagh got back on track with a win over Tour; while NCW also got their first win in the last round. The winner is suddenly really back in contention for a quarter-final spot despite a terrible start. I think it’ll be Feohanagh tbh.

Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 2
Saturday August 17
Hospital/Herbertstown (1/2) vs St. Patrick’s (13/8) @7pm in Bruff

Sunday August 18
Effin (1/2) vs Granagh/Ballingarry (7/4) @7pm in Feenagh

Glenroe bounced back from a shock defeat to H/H to beat Drom/Broadford. It puts them back on top with 6 points and Drom are now definitely back in the relegation play-off with 0 from 4 matches. They had a miracle in last year’s play-off, they might need one again. Hospital/Herbertstown had that great win over Glenroe last week to put them in a great position for a quarter-final spot but with Granagh/Ballingarry to play, they really need to win this. Pat’s suffered a demoralising enough defeat to Effin, apparently Hego was cleaned by Quaid but do H/H have someone who can contain Hegarty? They got the goals when they needed them against Glenroe. I know the soccer season is back but I just fancy St. Pat’s for some reason.

Granagh/Ballingarry vs Effin is probably the game of the weekend, and they save it till last- 7pm on a Sunday. Think the G/B manager is gone, they had their old manager back in the last day and hammered D/B. Effin obviously had that very good win over Pat’s. Very tough one to call, it’s hard to know how much G/B’s form lines count for. Last year G/B won by 4 in the last game, but I think Effin might edge this one. Could easily go either way though, there is no real conviction in this prediction, very very hard to call.

Senior- Na Piarsaigh, Ahane, Monaleen
Premier- Blackrock, Mungret, Draw
IHC- Croom, Na Piarsaigh, Feohanagh, St. Patrick’s, Effin

12 Likes

Do limerick have a weekend pass to club games?

Not as far as I know.

Club season ticket is €100 though which is excellent value.

Club & county was €200, you’d easily make it back.

This weekend isn’t great for getting to matches tbh, a lot of matches on at the same time and the All-Ireland final throws a spanner in the works too. I’d have liked to go to Granagh/Ballingarry vs Effin but not sure I’ll make Feenagh on a Sunday night.

1 Like

This Top group is turning into the Joe McDonagh, teams will be yo yoing up and down it looks like, too much of a gap. Adare hanging on by a thread.

he’s a great player

https://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/302944

This year’s Super 11s Hurling Classic will take place in New York rather than in Boston.

Citi Field in Queens, which is the home of Major League Baseball outfit New York Mets, will host the third staging of the GPA-organised event in November. Previously called the Fenway Classic, it will now be known as the New York Classic.

The four counties taking part in this year’s Classic are Kilkenny and Tipperary, who meet in Sunday’s All-Ireland SHC final, along with Munster champions Limerick and Leinster winners Wexford.

Limerick will be looking to defend their title on Saturday, November 16 with the four sides going head-to-head for the Players Champions Cup. Tickets will go on general sale from Wednesday, August 28 at 10am (ET).

“This popular Irish sport will come to Queens with a four-team tournament in which Limerick will defend its title against three counties: Kilkenny, Tipperary and Wexford,” a statement from Mets read.

“The New York Hurling Classic will feature the very best and most competitive hurling rivals from Ireland. In addition to the hurling tournament, the event will feature a lively Irish festival complete with music and dancing.”

1 Like

Where did you get those prices from @Aristotle ? McAuliffe’s in Bruff?

One of them there in particular interests me…

1 Like

It’s called taking the Soup. It happens unfortunately.

Kiely ( and JP ) Cost Limerick the 2 in a Row. That’s a fact.