Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

You are talking rope here.

1 Like

So explain to me when you would have fixed it for? Bear in mind the Limerick Footballers have their 2 most important games of the year before the championship match against Waterford!

Ah would you stop.

You’ve played almost an hour and a half in a draining county hurling final, physically and mentally tired after it - never mind the celebrations after - and then 72 hours later you’ve a county quarter final in football against a decent team where the contests have generally been nip and tuck in recent years.

Most of the dual players probably had the Monday off work, back in Tuesday and Wednesday so not like they’d be getting proper rest and recovery either.

NCW and Oola were screwed over by the scheduling. That’s not the fault of Adare or Galbally.

4 Likes

so you think > 3 days recovery isn’t sufficient time to recover and that the county board would have found an extra bit of time to fit in a day or two more for Adare in an already congested fixture schedule, when they had exactly one week to fit them in.

Adare and Galbally have to play their semi finals this weekend haven’t they? So they’re equally screwed over, are they?

3 days is ample time to recover from 80 minutes, unless you’ve been boozing

1 Like

Why was the county football championship only at quarter final stage and why does it need to be played midweek? The much maligned Tipp championship hasn’t had any midweek games in either code and the county football final is this weekend

2 Likes

Ah it isn’t . There should be a week ordinarily . I think we have to accept this is a difficult year .

To be fair to the County board these are strange times .

poor precious darlings wanting a week between every match. No wonder the GAA can’t fill in a calendar. 3 days is loads of time between matches

Are you saying in a tight game a side coming in fresh has no advantage over a side who played a draining 80 minutes three days before?

Adare and Galbally are playing each other this weekend no neither has an advantage/disadvantage.

sometimes GAA lads give out about not having a game and being too fresh, don’t ye. Ah they had a game. Depending on who it suits. Get over yerselves lads. It was closer to 4 days than 3 also. The whole day after Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and then Wednesday evening.
I can’t see what more could have been done here by the fixture organisers.

Lads here might remember 2003 when we had a good few dual players in Lk.

One week had

Sunday (F) v Kerry in Munster final

Thursday (H) v Offaly In Qualifier

Sunday (F) v Armagh in qualifier

The game really was up

It’s a unique year, the CB are under pressure to get things wrapped up. Just one of those things.

I’m just saying that playing three days after a county final is not ideal and put those sides at a disadvantage. In my opinion that’s borne out by the results with both favourites getting turned over.

1 Like

@EstebanSexface picking another bizarre topic to go over the cliff on

3 Likes

I’m saying playing a completely different sport 3 days before a game isn’t the ideal preparation. Anybody that disagrees is an idiot. It’s a huge disadvantage.

I would think missing DOD and English was massive factor for Oola

@Julio_Geordio not getting involved and having a little snide dig from the sideline, again

Making excuses for losing. The Limerick way.

If you are successful in both codes this will happen. Either puncture the footballs or fuck off complaining

The Midweek game on RTE.

I went home early from school to go to Thurles with the father :rofl:

1 Like

It’s not an excuse it’s a simple fact. Do you think playing hurling is an ideal prep for playing Gaelic football?

What’s ideal prep? Do you think the lads forgot how to kick a football cos they held a hurley the weekend?

They’re dual players, all their life, probably.