Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Geary gone as expected … Dodge is in.

Mikey Kiely S&C

2 Likes

Over the moon for donal o Grady. He’s a fantastic appointment. Hopefully he can refocus the heads a little. I also like the fact he didn’t play underage country hurling. Good to see west limerick have a fella on the management ticket. Imo I’m not so sure Mikey kiely is that good an appointment. Obviously time will tell more.

3 Likes

FIXTURES

Bons Secours County Senior Hurling Championship Quarter Final - ETIN

Kilmallock v Ahane 15/09 LIT Gaelic Grounds 2.00pm

Doon v Ballybrown 15/09 LIT Gaelic Grounds 3.45pm

Bons Secours County Senior Hurling Championship Semi Final - ETIN

Patrickswell v Doon/Ballybrown 22/09 LIT Gaelic Grounds 2.00pm

Na Piarsaigh v Kilmallock/Ahane 22/09 LIT Gaelic Grounds 3.45pm

Bons Secours County Senior Hurling Cup Semi Final – ETIN

Adare v Garryspillane 15/09 Bruff 12noon

Bons Secours County Senior Hurling Cup Final – ETIN

Murroe-Boher v Adare/Garryspillane

Lyons of Limerick County Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship Rd 7

Mungret v Pallasgreen 14/09 Claughaun 3.30pm

Kildimo-Pallaskenry v Dromin-Athlacca 14/09 Ballingarry 3.30pm

Blackrock v Bruree 14/09 Kilmallock 3.30pm

Bruff v Cappamore 14/09 Kilteely 3.30pm

Lyons of Limerick County Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship Semi Finals

Kildimo-Pallaskenry v 21/09

Mungret v 21/09

Nick Grene Sportsgrounds Ltd County Intermediate Hurling Championship Quarter Finals- ETIN

Na Piarsaigh v Hospital-Herbertstown 15/09 Caherconlish 1.00pm

Newcastle West v Effin 15/09 Dromcollogher 1.00pm

Nick Grene Sportsgrounds Ltd County Intermediate Hurling Championship Semi Finals- ETIN

Glenroe v Na Piarsaigh/Hos Herb 29/09 Bruff 1.00pm

Croom v Newcastle West/Effin 29/09 Bruff 2.45pm

Nick Grene Sportsgrounds Ltd County Intermediate Hurling Cup Semi Finals -ETIN

Granagh-Ballingarry v Feohanagh 15/09 Feenagh 5.00pm

St Patricks v Knockaderry 15/09 Bruff 12noon

Nick Grene Sportsgrounds Ltd County Intermediate Hurling Relegation Final

Dromcollogher-Broadford v Tournafulla 29/09 Quaid Park 2.00pm

Monaleen have opted out of the county cup.

What Quaid is he?

Joe Quaid’s son, Nicky Quaid’s first cousin.

Nickys second cousin I’d say

2 Likes

Future no.6 for the senior team.

1 Like

I stand corrected.

There were plenty of interesting results in the last round of fixtures but only a 50% hit rate on my predictions- 8/16.

I was only 2/3 in the Senior A, as Adare vs the Well finished a draw. It was a poor enough game in reality despite the high score and the comeback; the Well probably should have held on. Hannon got 4 points off Byrnes but didn’t dominate at the same time and Byrnes set up a lot of scores too. Josh Considine excellent again. I think both Na Piarsaigh & Kilmallock burned a few players in their last game, Kilmallock only just about got over Liberties but the real stuff starts now.

0/3 in the second group which is embarrassing. The bookies were proved right with their pricing of Monaleen who were beaten convincingly by Ballybrown. Ballybrown denied promotion to the top group by a late goal from Dan Morrissey. That’s three goals in two games for Dan since moving into the forwards; the late winner against Knockainey too. Big goals which have seen them promoted, and looks to be taking some of the burden off his brother. Those two go into the quarter-finals; very disappointing for Monaleen tbh. Garryspillane beat Knockainey in the relegation battle, so Knockainey finally go down… a draw and two 1-point defeats; over the past few years, those results have gone their way. Looks like it was tasty enough with a couple of scuffles but Garryspillane do enough to stay up in their first year back.

Mungret’s win over Bruff was the big news from the Premier. That’s 3 losses on the trot for Bruff who were in a great position going into the break (5 points from 6, level with us on top of the group). They now need to beat Cappamore in the last game and other results to go their way to go through which is disappointing from a side who were in the final last year. The win for Mungret sees them back into a semi-final. We drew with Cappamore in an underwhelming performance, although we haven’t conceded a goal in the three games since the break which is one positive. I did expect Blackrock to beat Dromin/Athlacca, and both those sides need to win their last game to make semi-final. 2 places still up for grabs with 5 teams competing; Bruree also beat Pallasgreen as expected, which consigns the men from the East to relegation.

In the Intermediate, bad run of predictions too. Both the teams already through in Group 1, Croom & Na Piarsaigh, ended up losing to teams who were fighting against possible relegation. NCW beat Tour in the West derby. So Tour into the relegation play-off and NCW into the quarter-final; 3 wins from 3 for them since the break and will give a good account for themselves in the quarters.

A late score for Hospital/Herbertstown saw them pip Granagh/Ballingarry in dramatic fashion to go through at their expense. I thought that would swing the other way. I did expect Effin & Glenroe to win, and both those sides are into the quarters now too.

City Semi-Final never took place, Kilmallock beat Killeedy after Jack Aherne’s injury while Castletown/Ballyagran continued their form to beat Croagh/Kilfinny for a novel All-South West final

2 Likes

Is Dan a forward option for limerick?

I wouldn’t say so. If you only have a couple of really top players, it’s nearly always better to have them in the forwards at club level but he’s a natural back, I don’t see where he’d fit in as an intercounty forward.

We’re turning all our forwards into backs, its about time we turned a back into a forward.

I’d say Hayes and Hego are both backs playing in the forwards already

Touche

Hayes yes but hego definitely not. He’s a modern day half forward. His improvement since moving from half back at under 21 level is unreal.

Do you think so? I don’t think he has the hands or wrists to be a top class forward.

Great player in a Bonner Maher type game plan but he was woefully exposed by Cody.

1 Like

:rollseyes: