Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Also known as the football thread

Only one match this evening, Hospital/Herbertstown vs Glenroe. I think Glenroe will win that to go 3/3.

Matt is a cunt after a few pints. Some hoor for the healthy chicken sandwich meal in Supermacs.

What the fuck is with the Adare junior team year after year? Entering championships, not fulfilling fixtures, fucking up competitions. This has been going on as long as I can recall. Have they dirt on the Wesht Board that this shit is constantly tolerated.

You’d meet cunts from there and they’d think their shite doesn’t stink. Bunch of wankers of a club.

4 Likes

They’ve been doing it for as long as I can remember. I predicted at the start of the year they’d do it, but you wouldn’t need to be Nostradamus for that. An absolute farce it’s allowed and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing it.
For fuck sake we are a junior club and we can field a second team. We might not always be able to field a competitive team but I couldn’t tell you the last time we gave a walkover.

They wouldn’t play it because they might get a hiding, same reason they wouldn’t play Kilmallock.

Staker Wallace’s have had a rough intro to the big leagues in the West :see_no_evil:

@balbec’s boys are going to get the full west hurling experience against Kieran’s Sunday night.

Some hammering for the Stakers, fucking hell.

And some win for Monagea too!

H/H have blown group 2 of the intermediate championship wide open after that shock win against Glenroe.

G/B v D/B on Sunday is a massive game.

I’ve been telling ye about Adare for years.

Limerick will win the A I in 20/21/22

Already had a couple of matches this weekend obviously, as the hurling Championship returns after the summer break but there are still a few eye-catching fixtures.

Senior Hurling Championship Group 1
Saturday August 10
Adare (3/1) vs Doon (1/3) @6pm in Kilmallock
Patrickswell (1/33) vs South Liberties (7/1) @6pm in Claughaun

I had predicted Na Piarsaigh but I didn’t think they would hammer Kilmallock in the manner they did. I didn’t see the match but have spoken to a lot of people who were at it, and by all accounts, NaP destroyed the Kilmallock short game and could have had another few goals. Aaron Costello started on the bench and they brought him on after 13 minutes… In my book, that is absolute madness. You have a senior intercounty corner-back; if he’s fit, you play him… Maybe they weren’t happy that he was away last week, but they deserve some break, they have given a lot this year. I think it was Phelim O’Reilly who they took off, who was understandably furious. Anyway, that’s still a statement laid down by Na Piarsaigh after losing to the Well earlier on.

That was the real eye-catching one of the weekend, but Adare vs Doon is pretty much a battle for the last quarter-final spot. Both have played Kilmallock, Adare lost by 5 and Doon drew. Doon are down Barry Murphy now though, their freetaker and main scorer from play. Might give Adare a chance but I’m still going to tip Doon to edge it. I can’t see Liberties coming close to the Well in all honesty.

Senior Hurling Championship Group 2
Sunday August 11
Knockainey (7/4) vs Monaleen (2/5) @1pm in Claughaun
Ballybrown (4/11) vs Murroe/Boher (9/4) @6pm in Bruff
Ahane (4/7) vs Garryspillane (6/4) @7.30pm in Cappamore

The 3 matches in the other group are all on the Sunday and this group is very interesting. Nobody either won or lost both their opening games so it means only 2 points separate promotion & relegation. Monaleen & Knockainey are in those positions and you’d have to think Monaleen should have enough. Knockainey are serious battlers, have picked up some good league results and have defied the odds to stay up before; but I think Monaleen will end up going up.

Ballybrown beat Knockainey well, but then lost to Ahane while Murroe/Boher drew with both Knockainey & Garryspillane. Ballybrown had a great league, seem to be in decent form and I think that might get them over the line- there’s a lot to be said for a confident team. The Bouncers also haven’t won a match yet, but although they mightn’t have someone in the same class as Tom Morrissey, I think they might beat Ahane. Interestingly, Niall Moran has been named at centre-forward for Ahane.

Predictions- Doon, Patrickswell, Monaleen, Ballybrown, Garryspillane

1 Like

7.30 is late enough for a hurling match tomorrow night, especially if the weather stays as it is.

Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship
Saturday August 10
Cappamore (7/4) vs Pallasgreen (1/2) @7pm in Doon
Kildimo/Pallaskenry (8/11) vs Mungret (11/10) @7pm in Ballybrown

Sunday August 11
Bruree (6/4) vs Dromin/Athlacca (4/7) @1pm in Kilmallock

We already had a match on Thursday night between Blackrock & Bruff; which gave us a first win for Blackrock and a first loss for Bruff. I’ve talked about that already but it does blow the group open. Right now, there’s at least 6 teams who would think they have a reasonable chance of making the semis and even the winner of Pallasgreen/Cappamore would have an outside chance.

That’s tonight, an East battle and really, the loser will be in a real spot of bother. They’re sending Johnny Murphy over to ref it. Cappamore have lost 3/3 including a bad enough beating off Bruree the last day. But again, they’ve had a good league campaign and apparently Eamon Gleeson, John Ryan & Con Berkery are all back- that’s 3 big players, which will bolster them. Pallasgreen are Pallasgreen, some decent hurlers but they bring real fight and Malachy will nail frees all day long. It’s going to be carnage with the weather the way it is. Those kind of matches do take a life of their own, but I can’t see one team physically intimidating the other so I’m going to go with Cappamore due to their form.

We play Mungret tonight also which should be interesting too- the winner will go top of the group, at least briefly. Dromin/Athlacca play Bruree in Kilmallock on Sunday; apparently both sides have a few injury doubts, I’m going to go with D/A as I just think they have more firepower in David Reidy, Sean O’Leary & David Breen than Bruree have.

Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 1
Saturday August 10
Croom (8/11) vs Na Piarsaigh (11/10) @6pm in Mungret

Sunday August 11
Knockaderry (1/3) vs Newcastlewest (5/2) @6pm in Dromcollogher
Feohanagh (4/9) vs Tournafulla (2/1) @6pm in Newcastlewest

A top of the table clash & two West derbies in this group- should make for a very interesting weekend! Na Piarsaigh have picked up 2 great wins so far and these players would have got great experience playing in Division 1 of the league; Croom struggle for numbers a bit but have been going well. Both sides have 2 wins from 2 but I’m going to tip Croom, who I think may return to a county final again.

NCW have lost 2/2 and need a win- no sign of Mark O’Callaghan on the programme for Knockaderry, Liam O’Sullivan is named on the bench, Condon at 11 & Don Hanley at 14. NCW possibly without Shaun Browne, I’ll go with Knockaderry to just edge it. Then you have Tour & Feohanagh- Feohanagh have been very disappointing so far, they would have been tipped by many to challenge for the title. Tour got a good oul win over Knockaderry, and another here, and they’ll fancy themselves to make a quarter-final. I’m going to tip Feohanagh though on the basis that they’ve got themselves re-organised.

Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 2
Sunday August 11
Drom/Broadford (2/1) vs Granagh/Ballingarry (1/2) @1pm in Feenagh.

Two matches in this group already, I did tip Effin to beat Pats as they did, convincingly. However, I got the other match badly wrong as Hospital/Herbertstown scored 3 goals last night to beat Glenroe. It means that Effin, Glenroe & H/H are all on 4, Pats are on 3… if G/B win they would be on 3.

Couple of matches between forumites’ teams this weekend, another West battle between @dodgy_keeper and @Copper_pipe on Sunday. I personally don’t see Granagh/Ballingarry losing this one and it should bring them back into contention for the final 2 weekends.

Predictions:
PIHC- Cappamore & Dromin/Athlacca
Inter- Croom, Knockaderry, Feohanagh, G/B

2 Likes

If I was a betting man that 11/10 about mungret is all wrong. Should be more 1/2 or 4/9.

You’re some man… I hope you flatten that bollix @ciarancareyshurlingarmy tonight.

2 Likes

Mungret have always been only a shower of cunts.

Just back from Fitzgerald Park.

Doon 1-14 Adare 0-14.

Mick ‘Church’ Ryan - complete with pen and paper - was an interested observer as Doon picked up the two points on offer.

Gruesome conditions on an evening that wouldn’t have been out of place in deepest, darkest November.

Adare started well. Willie Griffin was denied by an outstanding Eoghan Mc save before the men from the East went straight up the other end and won a penalty after Darragh Stapleton was hauled down. Darragh O’Donovan duly blasted it to the back of the net.

They led from there to the finish without that dominance ever being reflected on the scoreboard. Simon was outstanding and had one of his best ever displays. Given a roaming berth in the half forward line he ran himself to a standstill, huge work rate and chipped in with four second half points from play. Tommy Hayes was decent in the full backline while Dean Coleman clipped over a few from play.

Adare were dogged without looking likely to ever get back into it. They’ll rue three second half missed placed balls from Griffin and a few more wides from open play.

The conditions were conducive to niggle and there was an undercurrent of rancour to processings. Wayne Mc came on and bounced off everything that moved. :smile: - John Fitzgibbon got the line late on for an off-the-ball belt on Patrick Cummins.

Good to see Declan Hannon playing but he looked like a lad who needs a break from hurling. They shunted him up centre forward but he hardly touched the ball in the second half.

Main concern for Doon was seeing Richie English gingerly leave the fray approaching full time with what looked a shoulder/arm injury. He was helped off by two mentors and looked in serious discomfort.

Darragh O’Donovan nailed a glorious sideline in the opening half which almost broke my heart. :pleading_face:

6 Likes

Kildimo/pallaskenry 2-16 Mungret 0-19 FT

Is it true that the G/B gaffer walked last week?

I won’t be able to make it to Feenagh tomorrow :pensive:

Castle town beat us well for a finish in the west junior. We were a goal down at half time and well in it but they scored a goal early in the second and kicked on from there and beat us handily enough in the end. Missing 7 starters tonight with injuries, holidays, lack of interest. A forgettable year all round.
Fucking miserable conditions tonight I’m froze through

3 Likes