Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Were you playing?

Is that the crowd that had the Donkey Derby?

No on the bench. Past my prime sadly :joy:

Happens to us all mate😂

ah Julio and you could have gone to the match in Tralee!

:clap:

A good win for us, I thought we played alright. I was a little surprised at Mungret, I thought that they would be better, they were very reliant on Paul O’Brien’s frees. In fairness, he put on a real display of freetaking, was putting them over from every angle, way inside his own half.

Darren O’Connell only landed in Dublin this afternoon after his J1 and it was like he was never away. Won a penalty inside a couple of minutes which Chawkie buried. Our forwards were good in general, think they all scored- Kyle Hayes hit 4 from play, Shaun Barry got 1-2 but there were good performances all over.

Backs generally on top too, particularly on puckouts, we dominated and that always gives you a platform.

Puts us 2 points clear at the top of the table with Bruff next weekend. Cappamore beat Pallasgreen too; puts Pallas rightly in bother- maybe gives Cappamore an outside chance of making a semi- they have to play ourselves, Bruff & Blackrock though.

5 Likes

They got over the line in the end I hear. Lixnaw will be a big test

yes Julio and matters got tasty at the final whistle too

1 Like

Rightly quietened a few lads on here with that result.

‘Simon’

Ye limerick fanboys love the nicknames

Ye’d only love a few modern day All-Ireland winners and update ‘The Rock’, ‘Ogie’, ‘Gah’ and co…

9 Likes

How many all irelands did ‘jim bob’ and 'iron mike’win

As many as Hoggy.

16 Likes

Ye were some shower of misfortunes until ye had that in the back pocket. Any plans for the holidays

Sandy Lane, pal.

I stuck it on the company card. I’ll have a good chat with Simon and Nickie over last years semi final.

2 Likes

Don’t forget ‘hero’ and ‘fraggie’.wasn’t there a ‘santy’ as well.

2 Likes

That Cork team of 04/05 probably had the biggest collection of cunts who ever graced a GAA team.

A notable exception was Joe Deane who always seemed a decent guy and who I’d guess secretly hated all the SIPTU antics.

2 Likes

I don’t want to get all Jim Gavin but we’ll need to go up another couple of levels to kick on and actually win the thing.

It’s always nice to win though. Whereas last year Mungret outfought and largely out-thought us, I think we got our matchups right and had our homework done on their game this time. Long way to go though and could end up playing again.

Blackrock starting to motor nicely though. We’ll see how Athlacca get on today too.

1 Like

We know how to play against you now when we put out the first 15 the next day. We had 7 u21s along with a few footballers.