Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

We need to take all tactical discussions off line.

2 Likes

this current Cork panel have filled their togs regularly when within striking distance. They had Clare buried in 2013 and couldn’t finish them off.

1 Like

Spot on this man.

There’ll be no easy all Ireland’s won with the new format. Think back to backs would be very difficult, just because you’ll need the bit of luck on the day as well as luck of the draw. Hopefully we’ll be there about’s, but the hunger dragged us over the line a few times this year so we’ll need to be even better than last year (which is very possible). I’d be hopeful we can win another one or two over the next five years.
At least we have one and they can’t take it away from us. That’s all that counts.

7 Likes

That’s a good point. I suspect if we meet Kilkenny again we’d beat them a lot more comfortabley. Sometimes you glorify the jersey and not the actual team. That’s something we should see this year. We will fear nobody.

3 Likes

this was a lot of the younger lads second year playing senior inter county.

They’ll have another winter of s&c behind them, and they’ll be that bit cuter.

Gillane will have learned from the red card below in Cork etc. Kyler will have another bit of S&C and physical development done. The guy is a monster.

1 Like

:clap: This is more like it. We’ll walk all over the cunts next year.

3 Likes

I don’t really agree with that they’ve been exposed to high levels of s and c since they’ve minor. Think kev said two years with a proper coach like joe o Connor and that would be it id say. Personally think what’s gone on between October and Christmas this year compared to last year will have it’s effects. They were training like animals this time last year.

1 Like

age wise you wouldn’t fill out until early 20’s. Look at the difference in Cian Lynch between his first year or two and now. He was a waif compared to it. They’ll progress physically, no doubt about it.

2 Likes

They are back at it again, but it’d be foolish to try and flog them the same way they did last year considering they had a much longer season than the previous one and the league will be less of a target.

Most of the players physique changed under o Connor over the three seasons. By the all ireland final look at the dow. He was in serious shape. Don’t think it’s age related imo.

of course it’s age related. You don’t reach physical maturity until you’re in your mid 20’s. A lot of those lads are still ahead of the curve in terms of their peak.

There only tipping around so far. It will be a serious come down in January after the holiday facing into a six month slog.

I don’t think that’s true with regards part time gaa players. As they move on from college they’ll have a lot less time on their hands for recovery. The real world starts. Waterford/Clare both won/got to an ireland final with a similar age profile and have found it difficult. At the moment a lot of the limericks players are almost professional. That’ll change in the coming years and will effect performance imo.

1 Like

They now have know how in their arsenal …

The biggest plus for limerick is we’ve lads like Peter Casey and Robbie Henley bursting for starts and that should set the tempo in training. Nobody can rest on their laurels or kiely will drop them.

your age doesn’t change whether or not you are full or part time.

Only so many hours in a day. Recovery is key.

1 Like

So what’s your argument here? Are you trying to disprove my point that Kyle Hayes will kick on physically again this year?

I’m saying the improvement as a squad as a whole physically over the next 3 to 4 seasons will be minimal. Where Kyle Hayes is now and where he was at this stage last year is chalk and cheese. Look at Galway by July last year. Absolutely knackered. Six or seven players carrying injurys at various stages of the season. Compare that to galway 2017.