Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Lynch got man of the match.

Don’t agree with that tbh

Embarrassing. Dont ruin it by being such a fucking eejit.

2 Likes

You can go suck a dick too pal

3 Likes

Oh for fuck sake glas it was a joke, lighten up

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/uPJDwWrWjFA

What the fuck is wrong with referring to a homosexual as a homosexual, or referring to a homosexual’s partner as his boyfriend? It’s not fucking homophobia you fuckwits to call a homosexual a homosexual.

Now, if I said all homosexuals should be dropped off tall buildings, as is the case in Saudi and such places, that would be homophobic. Except I can’t criticize that blatant homophobia, as it’s “anti Muslim”.

What a fucking brainless society we live in.

10 Likes

Jesus Christ Almighty, :rollseyes:

You couldn’t make it up pal…

Grimes excellent in the first half. Colin Ryan most consistent.

CC @gilgamboa.

I wouldnt be petty enough at this stage of my life to try and take what small bit of pleasure a man has in his life away

You’re a good man Gil. A good good man.

1 Like

Very big of you.

1 Like

Typical response of a Trump supporter.

Have you and Nasher had a falling out?
He was stone cold useless in the first half, fucking jogging to balls instead of running. Thought he was much better in the second tbf, seems very one sided though for a senior IC hurler.

Morrissey was much worse for me, didn’t touch the ball in the first half bar picking off a score just before the end. Again seemed to be jogging around. No better in the second half and should have been hooked sooner.

Casey battled hard but wasn’t himself makes sense if he was carrying a knock, especially since they subbed him before a few worse IMO.

Gillane, didn’t have the same impact at all as previous games but worked hard at least. Lost the battle with Coleman but not the first this year tbf.

Mackey, the change didn’t work for me and I wouldn’t start him again the next day. One decent score.

Cian Lynch, I’ve been critical of him in the past but he was immense last night. Still a lot to improve on, but his work rate and ball winning were phenomenal. Did some great covering back. Deserved MOTM. Hopefully a lot more of that to come.

Boylan is a great bit of stuff, caused Cork real trouble when introduced including winning two vital frees. Great to see a Limerick man winning so much dirty ball. I’d start him the next day, though he has served us well from the bench in all 3 games to date.

Aherne worked hard and has some nice touches, but he’s very light and easily bottled up. Could do damage in a more open game. Cork were very defensive last night.

Murphy, made an impact on introduction I thought it was harsh enough to drop him in the first place. Certainly had more of an impact than Mackey.

Colin “Malachy” Ryan, unbelievable first twenty mins, he was running riot. Then faded out of the game for the next thirty and Cork got on top in the middle, before finishing strong again. Him not getting a chance with the seniors this year is looking more and more farcical by the game.

Hanly, solid outting, thought he really stood up early in the 2nd half when we were under pressure. Had run himself into the ground by the time he was subbed.

Grimes, hit some huge scores early on and was immense at stages. Faded a bit as the game went on, but a very good game overall.

Hayes, Cork made an absolute hero out of him raining ball down on his head and he gobbled it up. Mopped up the danger brilliantly, though he should have stopped the Cork goal (with a foul if necessary). He acted like Fanning’s personal body guard for the evening. I nearly could have played full back behind him myself.

R. Lynch, solid if unspectacular. Long range frees were good with the wind and poor without. Uses the ball well. Caught for pace once or twice and you’d be worried if someone targeted him but he gets by on his hurling brain a lot of the time. Again shields the fb line well.

Joy, solid game, came out with a lot of ball. Hard to judge our fb line properly as they’ve yet to be tested really.

Fanning. Did what he had to do well, though as I said he was well protected by Hayes.

Finn. Again another solid display in a game where he was never under massive pressure.

McNamara. Solid keeper, though he point blank refused to hit short puckouts when they were on against a very strong breeze in the second half. Instead he sky balled it to our forwards and we struggled till Boylan came on and won a few of them.

Overall, we made hard work of it, but we got through it. Never really firing on all cylinders but that game should stand to us now v Galway who’ve no one played (farce). Hard to know what Galway will be like, but we’ll need to step it up significantly. Our FF line was very lazy yesterday and bar Cian no one in the forwards fired.
Cork made it hard for our attackers, but at the expense of making it very easy for our defenders and ultimately we just had those few extra lads capable of taking points.
Referee was probably kind to us on the balance but Cork were lucky to finish with 15 at the same time.

4 Likes

Has @dodgy_keeper gone into hiding?

Is he close to the senior team? He looked v good but tbf Cork made a hero out of him belting balls down on top of him on his own

He wasn’t this year, but half back is one of our stronger lines, would be one of the less heralded players on this team pre champo.

1 Like

A good performer at his age level at every stage but not one of the stand out players, the type of guy that could surprise people and overtake some of the bigger names later on. Hasn’t been a regular starter at senior for the club but that should change this year.

1 Like

Nash and Morrissey seem to have gone back a bit from two years ago. Cian Lynch has rediscovered form. I’d have expected him to be at midfield or 11 on this team but maybe the wing is the place for him and we shouldn’t expect him to be centrally involved in everything at 11 or midfield. I’d be tempted to shove Nash or Morrissey out to 11 and bring in Boylan in the corner. Grimes has strengthened the half back line.

I had the sense before the game that we could be in trouble if the pressure came on from a strong team and that happened. If Cork were full strength you’d have to think they’d have won that game. Maybe I’m overrating some of these lads but I’m not sure they’re performing to the max of capabilities yet, should have been good enough to win that game more comfortably.