Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

I actually proved today exactly why he isnā€™t related to intercounty standard near the end of the game today. With about 5 minutes left he won the ball 50 yards out with nobody around him. He didnā€™t even look up as he drove the ball 10 yards wide.

Didnā€™t matter at that stage

Heā€™s not long back hurling and it didnā€™t matter a shit at that stage. Shooting off but overall he played very well.

It always matters.

Got 0-3 I think today, couple of those were classic Downes over-the-shoulder efforts.

He ends up being fairly peripheral for large swathes of the game though - inclined to stand out of a ruck and wait for a handy ball when his size shold have him ploughing into the middle of it. He rarely seems to profit from this approach either, compared to say the way Dempsey drifts into the right position.

1 Like

He was sharp alrightā€¦caught a few great balls.

Thought David Dempsey was very good though, himself and Adrian Breen were the pick of their forwards.

Will O Donoghue also impressed meā€¦was very aggressive and set the tone from the throw in.

WOD has a lovely cut about him. Ya Dempsey was very good, especially in the early stages, plucked a few balls he had no right to win.

Ended up being a bit of a snoozefest in the second half. The PIHC final was very entertaining though. Did they announce how many minutes were going to be added on at the end? Ref looked to be determined to get a replay out of it!

It did unfortunately, Ryan missing those 3 frees in the first half was a killer for Kilmallock.

I missed that as wellā€¦I was too busy laughing at TJ lepping around :grin:

Murroe will be sickened though.

Please spare a thought for the Na Piarsaigh players today. With so many places closed, where will they get a decent latte this morning?

3 Likes

Free cappuccinos in my house, with a Guinness head.

1 Like

Storm or no storm Limerick GAA powers on.

Kilmallock v The Mushes junior replay on Wednesday night at 6.30 in HQ.

Followed by Murroe/Boher v The Bouncers at 8pm.

Ideally Eir Sport would cover both live.

Thats a great double header

Dacent, Iā€™ll head into that.

I reckon Murroe/Boher should be beating Garryspillane in the replay. They looked a superior hurling team as well as being fitter IMO.

I canā€™t imagine Jim-Bob will be back for the Bouncers, he clearly wasnā€™t right. And while they do have a goalscoring threat, and that was without Sheehan getting a goal, I think Murroe/Boher will have enough.

What age is Colin Ryan, TJā€™s son? Decent hurler. (I was told he was TJā€™s young fella, presume he is)

Yeah, itā€™s his son alright. Fine player. Cuts a fine line with discipline on the pitch at times, thoughā€¦ heā€™s young enough, Iā€™d guess around 22/23/24 but could be wrong.

Both clubs should have come together and agreed to tell the Munster council to fuck off. There wouldnā€™t be a Limerick representative in it. Give the players a week or two to recover and adequate time to prepare for the replay.

Interprovincial competition is fine for senior adult level for clubs but I find it a bit pointless for intermediate and junior level personally.

Kilmallock never used any junior players at the weekend, so should be at full-strength tomorrow.

Bit surprised how slow they were with the subs. I know Oā€™Reilly may have had an injury, but Iā€™d have had Woulfe on earlier. And Ryan had a big semi-final but was clearly way off the pace on Sunday. Think they did miss Robbie Egan compared to other years, NaP physically outmuscled them for the most part.

He is u21 this year.

Eoin was hooked at half time in fairness. I would have taken Mike junior off a bit earlier. Robbie is a big loss. Brian Oā€™Sullivan gone as well and Liam Walsh of course.

Part of the problem was that Hickey had to play full back to keep Donie quiet. They definitely have the hurling to win the replay.