Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

He was involved with the set up all year, training, travelling, matches etc.

Have you ever been involved with a team? Thereā€™s an emotional investment. When youā€™re beaten and the realisation the year is over most people just want to get home asap or drown your sorrows over a few pints.

At least pretend you give a shit, donā€™t rub peopleā€™s faces in it by hopping upstairs for another bit of coin. ā€œIā€™m not getting the bus home with ye lads, Iā€™m off doing my own thing. Thanks for all your efforts this year though.ā€

2 Likes

I saw it somewhere online. Or was it some other ā€œbigā€ name that was involved?

Neither appointment was going to impact vast parts of the county that donā€™t bother with hurling pal.

That appointment needs to be done locally in primary schools when the kids are 5/6.

Daly did a few decent sessions with the minors? He was on crazy money for this gig. Completely ignored 14s/15s. He was laughing at us and we were lining his pockets.

2 Likes

Exactly . The aim needs to be addressing participation and then having more games .

We have a decent crop from age 19 to 23 but the worry is that u21 successes over the last few years were in a grade where we outspent our rivals who donā€™t put as much store in the grade as ourselves .

1 Like

Emmettā€™s facebook maybe? Daly was the one alright, did 2 sessions.

This is probably pedantic enough on my part, but thereā€™s a bit of a difference between thanking someone for helping out at the time they came & thanking them for their role in winning a title.

I would say the greater worry is, Cork particularly have seen our success underage and mirrored it with obviously far greater numbers and resources.

To add to that, Daly more or less discontinued our success once he was appointed after Wallace was removed. This yearā€™s minors sadly reflect that.

1 Like

We should thank Daly for fucking off out of it.

Thatā€™s the only credit Iā€™d give him.

It was more in the context of him probably coming a getting a few quid for doing a few sessions and that he was probably doing the same for a number of other clubs. He has the handiest number going.

The 96 born group was an exceptional year in limerick. That goes all the way back to u14. It was no accident that while we were super competitive at u2;hurling we also had the best u21 football sides for a long time.

I have been coaching around those years for 10+ years.

Ah yeah, I know. Iā€™m just a little touchy this evening.

To be fair to Daly, he came across as a nice fella if nothing else.

I donā€™t think anyone doubts that. Heā€™s a very nice fella, thatā€™s what gets him all these gigs.

The new minor football manager is Niall Crowley.
A great guy, and a very good coach.

Heā€™s as harmless as @Horsebox

Utter nonsense. Heā€™s not going to give up his job because the team heā€™s coaching lost a game

1 Like

Club?

The win v Tipp in 1995 caused a lot of riding ??

Which job was that now?

Hurling academy director? Examiner column? Today FM pundit? RTE radio and television work?

Not too much to ask him to forego it for one day. Actually it was, showed his commitment to the team. Just dumped out of the championship - see ya later lads.

1 Like

You really associate sport with alcohol. Its sad to see

The Limerick way

2 Likes