Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Is there a stag on there?

Why are you replying to @Breaking_my_balls

Great that they will get to play a high standard and meaningful game.

2 Likes

You on the sauce mate?

Maybe

1 Like

Bloodless win tonight. We look well organised and are hurling well. Definitely going in the right direction.

Puck outs much improved alright. Finn a super hurler, donā€™t see hickey making full back, Englishā€™s use of the ball still worrying. Byrnes a mixed bag despite being impressive in general play. Morrissey very good, didnā€™t put a foot wrong, still dunno is he up to the speed of it for summer but he was the pick of half back line tonight. Browne and Lynch were decent, Iā€™d like to see Lynch looking to move it forward at speed more, some of the short passes not working.

Reidy was very productive, Morrissey really great early on, looking like he owned the place, then faded out of it for a long time then came back into it at the end. Hegarty had some really great touches, as long as heā€™s kept at half forward this could prove a great call.

Murphy tidily impressive, Gillane decent but lads shouldnā€™t overhype him. Flanagan impressed, his marker was about 5 feet off him the first half but he also impressed at half forward, a real find. Ryan very sharp when he came in.

Sutcliffe is class.

3 Likes

The last game of any use they played was the MSL final against Clare a month ago and even that ended up being handy enough.

Just put 500 notes on Limerick to win Liamā€¦

When do ye have Galway?

3 weeks I think. Antrim next then Galway.

4th of March, two weeks time.

2 Likes

Beautiful description. Music to my ears.

So next week weā€™ll probably be without Finn, Hegarty, Murphy & Morrissey. Theyā€™re the 4 starters who have been starting for UL. Pat Ryan came on against Carlow IT but might be available for the county if he doesnā€™t play a full match.

Think Kyle is due to tog out next week but probably wonā€™t be ready to start, not sure how serious Oā€™Donovanā€™s injury is. Youā€™d imagine Mulcahy might get a game with those 3 forwards out. Barry Oā€™Connell could come in and maybe Malachy. OOR or Pat Ryan. I was a little surprised that he went in as a corner-forward last night. Obviously has played plenty of hurling there, but thought he really stepped up when in the middle third, has some engine on him.

Does this mean that thereā€™s a chanceā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

Surely Malachyā€™s time has come.

Pat Ryan is not a bad option in the corner. Very direct and always a sniff of a goal about him. Hasnā€™t seen a pile of action out the field since a very good season for the U21s in 2015.

He was corner forward for the minors in 2013 I think. And thatā€™s where he has been getting a run with UL too.

Itā€™s just a needless headache with the Fitzgibbon final next week. Might be just as well to leave the four lads at home. Even the practicalities of it - getting them to travel up North right after playing a match in Mallow.

To be fair Finn & Tom Morrissey have probably been our best performers this year so far. Morrissey, for a lad who struggled last year for the u-21ā€™s - has started the season on fire. Working like a dog and chipping in with scores.

Would expect a rake of changes next week. Can afford to draw/lose anyway as a win in Salthill will see us promoted on head to head.

2 Likes

Reidy made a couple of mistakes early on, but he recovered well and looked very sharp even considering the opposition. Heā€™s a natural scoretaker and his movement is very good.

Plenty of competition for places in the forwards now; not a lot of them proven at Championship level but those that are there have been putting their hands up so far. And then youā€™ve got Dowling, Casey, Dempsey, Nash, Oā€™Donovan, Hayes, Mulcahy who all played Championship last year.

Things are finally coming together for Limerick under kiely. Hegarty should be captain. He ran amuck yesterday evening. Hegarty and Hayes will be two serious half forwards for limerick. P. Casey, S. Flanagan and A. Gillane will make a serious fullforward line. Perfect mix of pace, power and skill. Flanagan is a monster. Only place up for grabs is 11. T. Morrissey is good but maybe Nash, D Dempsey and O Donovan will have a say yet. Midfield of lynch and browne works but Iā€™d be worried against more physical opponents. Dan Morrissey is the first person every limerick man wants Off the team but Iā€™d say under kiely heā€™s the first man on it. Fullback line needs work. Probably 5 or 6 lads going for the three places. My prediction of two nap lads making the team in December will more than likely come to fruition.

1 Like

Itā€™s early in the year and I donā€™t want to get too carried away but we would appear to be in a lot better shape physically this year. Again, weā€™ll see how they compare to the Galway monsters but they absolutely blew us out of it this time last year so weā€™ll see if thereā€™s any sort of improvement (although Galway may not be in the same shape as they were this time last year).

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the story with Galway, Iā€™m not sure I buy all this talk of them ā€œstill being on the beerā€ and that theyā€™re easing themselves back in to things slowly. Another fella told me that theyā€™re up and running and training very hard at the moment