Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Allā€™s well boyos .

FFS

1 Like

Those two cunts should be shot with balls of their own shit.

8 Likes

Theyā€™re some gowlbags.

1 Like

Trying to make themselves relevant off the back of the hurlers ---- sad, pathetic, wankers.

We should start a fire and fuck em on top of it

Arenā€™t they actually from Tipperary?

Thats what i thought.That makes it even worse

Songs already and ye canā€™t even get into a Munster final. Deary me.

Fixed

Werenā€™t they the same gimps who came out with that God awful and cringey ā€œthereā€™s no-one as Oirish as Barack Obamaā€ song?

Great to see hurling getting a toehold in Limerick again after all the years of rugby.

Correct.

Iā€™m mortified for us.

Fuck back to your pissy Heineken, you dirty voyeur bastard cunt bag.

p.s - where you off to pal?

Definitely hard calls to be made and there are now questions that werenā€™t there before, or werenā€™t as glaring. I very much think that most of these questions resolve in favour of the players in possession of jersies, I think management have to back them and I think they have very little choice but to do so anyway.

Finn is a concern, no word on him yet but hopefully he comes back in. Thereā€™s now question marks over whether Casey can handle a big full forward. Did management not trust him on Conlan? In the first half he was caught too far off Conlan for one point where Oā€™Donnell gave him a clever pull back. But there were a number of other times when Conlan won ball and Casey bottled him up well. With Walter Walsh on the horizon management have to think hard on if Casey can manage him. English is probably more of natural at 3 and in future years I think theyā€™ll be swapped, but English is too prone to mistakes, see the ball bouncing out of his hand v clare, Casey is steadier. If Finn is out you could bring in McCarthy at full with Casey to the corner, or hickey to the corner. Iā€™d go with McCarthy. Still think hickeyā€™s treatment has been awful.

Weā€™ve a good half back line but there is now a blueprint to get around them, Clare overran us here. After a great first half Hannonā€™s fadeout in the second half was a concern.

Lynch has been by far and away our best player, he must be made out of steel and rubber, he never tires, in the last minute if the game v Clare he was up in the corner forward position tackling Clare defenders. But, heā€™s constantly involved in rucks and tackling back. He needs more support in this work to free him up to get on ball and run at opposition half backs and deliver passes or strike scores. You donā€™t see Messi having to do all the donkey work. I donā€™t think Oā€™Donovan is a good partner for Lynch in providing balance here, and while DOD has been good for the opening parts of the last few games if he is to continue starting he has to be replaced earlier because he goes out of the game completely.

Half forward we have to decide whether to stuck or twist. Hayes is not as good at centre forward as he was on the wing. Hegartyā€™s performances dipping. Our main impact sub for this line, Dempsey, is not having an impact so far, though I think heā€™s close. Morrissey is solid. This line was the biggest malfunction v Clare. I think management have to back the players in possession to turn it around, itā€™s totally reasonable to put Hegarty and Hayesā€™ poor showings down to fatigue given their roles and I donā€™t think we have much option but to back them to turn it around. Our other recognised half forward has not set the world on fire in cameos so there isnā€™t an obvious candidate pushing for inclusion. After that in terms of replacements you probably have to look to DOD, Flanagan, Gillane or WOD. Not ideal. What you wouldnā€™t give for hannon in 2014 form at 11. And no Iā€™m not suggesting that switch, itā€™s too deep in the season now.

At FF, I am not as certain as before that Casey will be back in form in time, but Iā€™d lean towards it. I strongly expect Dowling to keep his place. I think Flanagan showed more than Gillane v Clare.

:smile:

8 Likes

We have gone full nuclear hereā€¦

1 Like

Is there anything to be said for starting from scratch with this years minors and trying again

2 Likes

We lost a game away in a tough place to go for any team and on the back of our 3rd game in 15 days where the lads had put in a lot of effort.

Relax ta fuck will yee.

2 Likes