Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Yes but they won one 2 years later .

Just say that green and white 42 balbec car driving around Caherdavin.

Unfortunately there wasn’t enough time for a photo opportunity, or to egg it. I was in a state of shock.

#41 surely? That’s Iron Mike’s pub.

Anyone else get the email this evening for the gala night on 8 Nov at lord dunravens place?

Should be two great matches at the weekend. I think both matches could go either way. I assume TG4 are televising them?

Sporting Limerick on Youtube are streaming them

Nothing for Drom vs Claughaun / Old Christians ? :see_no_evil:

Aris

I think a couple of bets on draws in the intermediate games could be value . Both will be close .

What you think ??

Should be close alright; I’d be surprised if there was more than a score in either of them.

I think we’re good value at 11/10 but obviously if I didn’t think we would win, there’d be something serious win. The Bouncers obviously have a lot more experience at this grade (although have a lot of young players too).

1 Like

If Patrickswell play with a sweeper like kilmallock did they will lose. Kilmallock let Richie English as the spare man and he moped up everything. They realised their mistake too late. Doon have two weak corner backs that can be got at. And with DOD coming back they should have enough up front.

Patrickswell have lost three times so far taking hefty beatings off Nap and kilmallock. They need their fringe players stepping up to the mark and not looking to their county men to lead the way.
I will predict a Doon win. They should have enough to see this through.

I reckon it’ll be a Kilmallock - Doon county final, with Kilmallock to prevail just about.

Would like to see Doon finally win a senior county though as a neutral.

Everybody would love for Doon to win it, that’s human nature. I think they’ll beat the Well.
What do you see in Kilmallock to make you believe they’ll get over NaP

1 Like

Good value too at only €450

9 Likes

Aristotle Predictions:

What a weekend of hurling this is going to be, I actually can’t wait. And really, the matches are nearly all so tight that predictions are almost impossible.

Two crackers at senior level, Kilmallock were probably the form team, playing the best hurling until a complete no-show against Doon. How much to read into that performance, I don’t know. Na Piarsaigh still haven’t hit full throttle but that’s impressive in itself, they are still unbeaten despite not getting the most from what is clearly the panel with the most options. I suppose with Na Piarsaigh’s options up front- Casey, Downes, Breen, Dempsey, Dowling, Boylan… you’d have to go with them. Even if only one or two of them are firing, you’d give them a good chance. Kilmallock are a goodd step up on last year though and have a real chance.

I do think Doon will beat Patrickswell. Patrickswell were definitely better set up the last day, had a better balance, particularly in their backline but this is Doon’s big chance to make a final, there are no excuses this time.

At Premier Intermediate, Mungret play Bruff. Bruff lost to Bruree in what was a massive shock the last day, the only time one of the top 4 lost to one of the bottom 4. Bruff had a strong team out but I don’t know how much they cared about the fixture. Bruff were the team to end Mungret’s unbeaten run earlier in the year, beat them by a point. Mungret have been good this year, although have struggled to get goals, comfortably the lowest in the division. If Sean Finn nullifies Paul O’Brien, do Mungret have enough scores elsewhere- need Giltenane, Duff & Mulcahy to get a few scores each. They do play a style that suits them, plenty of movement but Bruff, even without Paul Browne, had been getting big scores until that last game. Again, this will be decided by a point or two, I think- I’ll just about tip Bruff.

Feohanagh and Blackrock in the relegation final., Feohanagh won the match between them earlier in the year by a goal but Blackrock had Paudie Leahy sent off that day, and Seamus Flanagan was excellent for Feohanagh. It’s unlikely Flanagan will play, Richie McCarthy is also out for Blackrock and Leahy was sent off again against Blackrock so I’m not sure if he’ll be back. Feohanagh went to shit after the match against us, barely bothering to turn up against Bruff & Garryspillane but only lost by 4 to Mungret. Blackrock have battled hard in every game but really struggled to get scores without Leahy; they rely massively on Kevin Palmer. But from what I’ve seen of the two recently, I think Blackrock might just edge it if Leahy is available.

In Intermediate, I think Glenroe vs Croom is the one where one team is heavily favoured. I think Glenroe should have too much for Croom, and get back to another final. Be a great achievement for them to be in a senior football final & intermediate hurling tbf.

Dromin/Athlacca vs Granagh/Ballingarry should be an absolute cracker. I don’t think D/A are helped by having been in the easier group and walking through it, and G/B have another game under their belts against Knockaderry. We picked off D/A in similar circumstances this time last year, but from what I’ve seen, they are definitely the best team at the grade and I’ll give them the edge here marginally.

In the relegation, we’ve already had a thrilling draw, likely to be close again. Claughaun/Old Christians should have put it to bed the first day but Drom/Broadford were able to plunder goals. I’ll go for the townies again, just.

Na Piarsiagh (4/9) vs Kilmallock (7/4)
Doon (evs) vs Patrickswell (evs)
Bruff (8/11) vs Mungret (5/4)
Garryspillane (10/11) vs Kildimo/Pallaskenry (evs)
Blackrock (4/7) vs Feohanagh (13/8)
Glenroe (4/9) vs Croom (15/8)
Dromin/Athlacca (4/7) vs Granagh/Ballingarry (13/8)
Drom/Broadford (4/6) vs Claughaun/Old Christians (11/8)

4 Likes

Where does Finn play? Full back? Bobby o brien was centre back & Finn centre forward last year.

Full back.

O’Brien is wing back

1 Like

Sean Finn has been full-back generally but has done man marking jobs all along the full-back line.

Brian Finn centre-back, BOB wing-back.

1 Like

Turns out a Premier Intermedite Relegation Final adds 2 euro to the cost of the ticket into Bruff compared to last week :neutral_face: